A game after he put up 44 points in a 131-119 loss to the Spurs, Ja Morant leads the Memphis Grizzlies (0-1) at home against the Atlanta Hawks (1-0) as 9.5-point favorites. The matchup, which airs on NBA TV, starts at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 26, 2020. The matchup’s over/under is 227.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Memphis and Atlanta have split the last 10 games they’ve played. The Grizzlies have an advantage against the spread (2-0) when playing the Hawks.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Grizzlies||Grizzlies||-6.5||234||-269||217||Regular Season||118-101 MEM|
|3/2/2020||Hawks||Hawks||-2||240||-128||108||Regular Season||127-88 MEM|
|3/13/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-111 ATL|
|10/19/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-117 MEM|
|2/6/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-82 ATL|
|12/15/2017||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-94 MEM|
|3/16/2017||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-91 MEM|
|3/11/2017||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-90 ATL|
|3/12/2016||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||95-83 ATL|
|11/27/2015||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-101 ATL|
Grizzlies Betting Information
- Memphis was solid against the spread, going 37-36-1 last season.
- Memphis more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 35 times in 74 contests (47.3%).
Hawks Betting Information
- Atlanta failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 29-35-2 ATS.
- Atlanta combined with its opponents to hit the over in 57.6% of matchups last year (38 out of 66 contests).
- The Grizzlies and their opponents combined to score more than 227.5 points in 44.6% of their games last year (33 of 74 opportunities).
- Atlanta played in 40 games last season (out of 67 total matchups — 59.7% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 227.5 points.
- The two teams averaged a combined 2.9 less points per game last season (224.6) than this game’s total of 227.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 6.1 more points per game last season (233.6) than this matchup’s total of 227.5 points.
- The average point total for Grizzlies games last season was 0.9 less points than the over/under of 227.5 in this matchup.
- Hawks games last year averaged an over/under of 231.5 points, 4.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
- Morant scored 17.8 points per game last season and recorded 7.3 assists.
- Jonas Valanciunas grabbed 11.3 rebounds per game.
- Jaren Jackson Jr. had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He made 2.5 shots from deep per game.
- De’Anthony Melton collected 1.3 per game. Jackson averaged 1.6 blocks an outing.
- Trae Young contributed 29.6 points per game last season while also adding 9.3 assists.
- Clint Capela collected 13.8 rebounds per game.
- Young made 3.4 threes per game a season ago.
- Kris Dunn collected 2.0 per game. Capela averaged 1.8 blocks a game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option