Jayson Tatum leads the Boston Celtics (5-3) into a matchup with the Miami Heat (3-3) after putting up 40 points in a 126-114 win over the Raptors. The Celtics are 2.5-point underdogs in the game on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, which tips at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under of 218.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Miami and Boston have each won five of their last 10 head-to-head matchups. The Heat have a 5-4 record against the spread when taking on the Celtics.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/4/2020||Celtics||Heat||-4.5||218.5||-199||164||Regular Season||112-106 MIA|
|1/28/2020||Heat||Heat||-1.5||219||-123||103||Regular Season||109-101 BOS|
|12/4/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-5.5||209||-221||180||Regular Season||112-93 BOS|
|4/3/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-102 BOS|
Heat Betting Information
- Miami been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, earning a 3-3 record.
- The Heat have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- Miami and its opponents have converted the over just 2 times in 6 (33.3%) games this season.
Celtics Betting Information
- Boston has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 3-4 ATS.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Celtics have not fared well, going 1-3 against the spread.
- In the majority of Boston’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 8 games, 62.5%).
- The Heat and their opponents have put up at least 218 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 54 of six opportunities (900%) this season.
- Boston has combined with its opponents to score more than 218 points in six of eight outings (75%) this year.
- The Heat and the Celtics combine to average 1.2 more points per game than the over/under of 218 set for this game.
- The Heat and the Celtics have seen their opponents average a combined 2.2 more points per game than the point total of 218 set for this game.
- The Heat’s average point total in matchups this year is 213.5, 4.5 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Celtics this season is 7.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- Bam Adebayo leads the Heat in scoring (19.2 points per game) and rebounding (8.0 rebounds per game).
- Miami’s assists leader is Goran Dragic, who racks up 5.5 per game.
- The Heat are led by Duncan Robinson from long distance. He makes 3.0 shots from deep per game.
- Miami’s blocks leader is Kelly Olynyk, who averages 1.0 per game. Adebayo leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a contest.
- The Celtics leader in scoring is Jaylen Brown with 26.9 points per game. He also adds 4.6 rebounds per game and 3.1 assists per game.
- The Boston leaders in rebounds and assists are Tristan Thompson (8.7 rebounds per game) and Marcus Smart (6.7 assists per game).
- Tatum makes more threes per game than any other member of the Celtics, cashing in 3.4 treys per game.
- Boston’s Jeff Teague has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.7 per game and Robert Williams III is first in blocks with 1.6 per game.