The New Orleans Pelicans (1-0) are 5-point underdogs on Christmas Day when they visit the Miami Heat (0-1), tipping at 12:00 PM at American Airlines Arena ET on ESPN. The point total for the matchup is 226.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Miami has come out on top in six of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with New Orleans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/6/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-1.5||231.5||-120||101||Regular Season||110-104 NO|
|11/16/2019||Heat||Heat||-8||225.5||-365||289||Regular Season||109-94 MIA|
|12/16/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-96 MIA|
|11/30/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-101 MIA|
|2/23/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-123 NO|
|12/23/2017||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-94 NO|
|3/15/2017||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-112 MIA|
|12/23/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||91-87 NO|
|3/22/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-99 MIA|
|12/25/2015||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||94-88 MIA|
Heat Betting Information
- Against the spread, Miami was strong last season, posting a 51-39-3 record.
- The Heat fared well when favored by at least 5 points, posting a 19-11-1 record against the spread.
- In 52 of 93 (55.9%) contests last season, Miami and its opponents hit the over.
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans had an even record against the spread, going 34-34-4 ATS.
- The Pelicans fared well as a 5-point underdog, going 8-2-1 against the spread when they were at least 5-point underdogs.
- New Orleans and its opponents hit the over in more than half of their matchups last year — 38 of 72 (52.8%).
- The Heat and their opponents scored at least 226 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 38 of 94 opportunities (40.4%) last year.
- New Orleans played in 46 games last season (out of 72 total matchups — 63.9% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 226 points.
- Opponents of these teams averaged a combined 226 points per game last season, which equals the over/under for this game.
- The average point total for Heat games last year was 5.6 fewer points than the over/under of 226 in this matchup.
- The average total for Pelicans games last season was seven more points than the point total of 226 for this outing.
- Jimmy Butler scored 19.9 points per game and dished out 6.0 assists per outing last season.
- Bam Adebayo averaged 10.2 rebounds per game.
- Duncan Robinson was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 3.7 per game.
- Butler nicked 1.8 steals per game. Adebayo collected 1.3 blocks an outing.
- Brandon Ingram averaged 23.8 points per game last season.
- Lonzo Ball collected 7.0 assists per game and Steven Adams grabbed 9.2 rebounds per matchup.
- JJ Redick made 3.0 threes per game a season ago.
- Ball collected 1.4 per game. Adams averaged 1.1 blocks an outing.