The Miami Heat (0-0) visit the Orlando Magic (0-0) in a matchup of Southeast Division teams at Amway Center, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 23, 2020. The Heat are 4.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at 218.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Miami and Orlando have each won five of their last 10 head-to-head matchups.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2020||Heat||Heat||-6.5||218.5||-267||212||Regular Season||116-113 MIA|
|2/1/2020||Heat||Magic||-2.5||209.5||-135||114||Regular Season||102-89 MIA|
|1/27/2020||Heat||Heat||-6.5||207.5||-281||228||Regular Season||113-92 MIA|
|1/3/2020||Magic||Magic||-0.5||206.5||-111||-107||Regular Season||105-85 ORL|
|3/26/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-99 ORL|
|12/23/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-91 MIA|
|12/4/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-90 ORL|
|10/17/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-101 ORL|
|2/5/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-109 ORL|
|12/30/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-111 MIA|
Heat Betting Information
- Against the spread, Miami was strong last season, posting a 51-39-3 record.
- The Heat fared well when favored by at least 4.5 points, posting a 22-12-1 record against the spread.
- In 52 of 93 (55.9%) contests last season, Miami and its opponents hit the total.
Magic Betting Information
- Orlando failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 35-41-2 ATS.
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Magic have a record ATS of 10-9.
- In most of Orlando’s games this season, the teams combined to hit the over (41 out of 78 games, 52.6%).
- The Heat and their opponents scored at least 218.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 53 of 94 outings (56.4%) last season.
- Orlando combined with its opponents to score more than 218.5 points in 33 of 78 outings (42.3%) last season.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 0.8 fewer points per game last season (217.7) than this game’s over/under of 218.5 points.
- The average point total in Heat games last year was 1.9 more points than the over/under of 218.5 in this matchup.
- Magic games last year averaged a total of 216.1 points, 2.4 less than the point total in this matchup.
- Jimmy Butler scored 19.9 points per game and dished out 6.0 assists per game last season.
- Bam Adebayo averaged 10.2 rebounds per game.
- Duncan Robinson connected on 3.7 threes per game a season ago.
- Butler averaged 1.8 steals per game. Adebayo collected 1.3 blocks a contest.
- Nikola Vucevic averaged 19.6 points per game last season and grabed 10.8 rebounds a contest.
- Markelle Fultz dished out 5.1 assists per game.
- Terrence Ross was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, hitting 2.6 per game.
- Jonathan Isaac averaged 1.6 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Utah Jazz vs. New Orleans Pelicans: 1/19/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Denver Nuggets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder: 1/19/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Orlando Magic vs. New York Knicks: 1/18/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Atlanta Hawks vs. Minnesota Timberwolves 1/18/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Portland Trail Blazers: 1/18/2021 Betting Trends, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview