The Minnesota Timberwolves (0-0) hit the court against the Detroit Pistons (0-0) as 4.5-point favorites on Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 8:00 PM ET on FS-DET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 224.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Detroit has taken eight of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against Minnesota. The Timberwolves have a 1-0 advantage against the spread when squaring off against the Pistons.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|11/11/2019||Pistons||Pistons||-3.5||223.5||-170||142||Regular Season||120-114 MIN|
|3/6/2019||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-114 DET|
|12/19/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-123 DET|
|11/19/2017||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-97 DET|
|10/25/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-101 DET|
|2/3/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-108 DET|
|12/9/2016||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-90 DET|
|12/31/2015||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-90 DET|
|11/20/2015||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-86 DET|
|2/8/2015||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-101 MIN|
Timberwolves Betting Information
- Minnesota covered in just 23 of 64 matchups last season.
- The Timberwolves struggled to cover, going just 2-6-1 ATS when favored by at least 4.5 points.
- In 35 of 64 (54.7%) contests last season, Minnesota and its opponents hit the total.
Pistons Betting Information
- Detroit failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 27-37-1 ATS.
- When they were at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Pistons fared well, going 3-4 against the spread.
- Detroit and its opponents hit the over in more than half of their games last year — 38 of 65 (58.5%).
- In 37 of 64 opportunities (57.8%) last season, the Timberwolves and their opponents scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 224.5 points.
- Detroit and its opponents added up to score at least 224.5 points in 40.9% of their matchups last year (27 of 66 chances).
- The two teams averaged a combined 4.1 less points per game last season (220.4) than this game’s total of 224.5 points.
- The Timberwolves and the Pistons saw their opponents average a combined 3.8 more points per game last season than the over/under of 224.5 set for this outing.
- The average over/under the Timberwolves had set in games last season was 6.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Pistons last year was 6.5 points less than this game’s over/under.
- Karl-Anthony Towns put up 26.5 points per game last season and pulled down 10.8 rebounds a contest.
- Ricky Rubio dished out 8.8 assists per game.
- D’Angelo Russell had a solid showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He knocked down 3.6 shots from deep per game.
- Rubio collected 1.4 per game. Towns averaged 1.2 blocks a contest.
- Derrick Rose put up 18.1 points per game last season and added 5.6 assists.
- Mason Plumlee grabed 5.2 rebounds per game.
- Svi Mykhailiuk made 2.1 threes per game a season ago.
- Delon Wright averaged 1.2 steals per game. Jerami Grant collected 0.8 blocks a contest.