If you’re an NBA betting enthusiast that is looking to cash in on tonight’s Western Conference Game 5 closeout showdown between the Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks, then you’re in luck! Thanks to this expert roundball betting breakdown you’re going to get on tonight’s matchup of in-state rivals, you’re going to have a great opportunity to cash in. Okay, with that said, let’s rock and roll.
The Dallas Mavericks managed to keep their season alive by beating the Houston Rockets to win their first elimination game of the postseason, but I believe the Mavs are in big trouble tonight against a veteran Rockets team that undoubtedly wants to end their first round playoff series, like now!
Dallas had a brand new look for Game 4 with starting small forward Chandler Parsons out of the lineup and Rajon Rondo jettisoned with a ‘fake’ back injury. Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle turned to veterans, J.J. Barea and Al-Farouq Aminu and his decision to start both players paid off in a big way.
Barea, an integral cog in Dallas’ title a few years ago, scored 17 points and dished out 13 assists.
“I’m trying to push it every time,” Barea told reporters. “I’m trying to be aggressive and my teammates, people around me are ballin’. I’m just trying to attack and do my job. If I do my job and I create problems for their defense, then I think everybody else plays a lot looser and more open.”
The underrated Aminu added 16 points and pulled down a dozen rebounds.
“I thought J.J. and Farouq were phenomenal tonight,” Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki told reporters. “It was kind of like a next-man-up mentality. Those guys stepped in and both were great.”
James Harden scored a team-high 24 points and veteran power forward Josh Smith added 23 points off the bench, but he also chided his teammates for what he believed was a lackluster effort.
“They played like a team that was trying to close us out,” Smith told reporters. “We played like a team that was going home, and it can’t be like that. We got to have a killer instinct in that type of moment.”
At one point, the Rockets missed an uncharacteristic 17 consecutive shots over a 10-minute stretch.
“We got slow offensively, the ball stuck,” Rockets coach Kevin McHale told reporters. “We didn’t do very well for that stretch. All that being said, it was our offensive rebounding and our lack of being able to contain the ball that ended up beating us. Our offense sucked for a while. That was a fatal blow, more of our effort overall I think.”
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Raptors vs Clippers NBA Betting Odds & Game Prediction
- Villanova vs Pennsylvania NCAAB Lines & Expert Analysis
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – December 10th Edition
- Grizzlies vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Nuggets vs Hornets NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Lakers vs Spurs NBA Odds & Expert Prediction for Friday Night
- Rockets vs Jazz NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview
- How to Bet Suns vs Trail Blazers NBA Spread & Expert Pick
- Knicks at Celtics NBA Betting Odds & Analysis
- Pistons vs Bucks NBA Spread & Game Preview
- Clippers vs Grizzlies NBA Odds & Game Preview
- Spurs vs Jazz NBA Betting Lines & Expert Prediction
- Trail Blazers vs Mavericks NBA Odds & Pick
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – December 3rd Edition
- Updated 2019 NBA Championship Odds – November 30th Edition
- Rockets vs Spurs NBA Betting Odds & Expert Prediction
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 26th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 19th
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 12th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 5th Edition
- Timberwolves vs Warriors NBA Odds & Expert Pick for Friday Night
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 29th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 22nd Edition
- 2018 NBA Western Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite