A game after he put up 44 points in a 102-94 win over the Hawks, Gordon Hayward leads the Charlotte Hornets (3-5) on the road against the New Orleans Pelicans (4-4) as 6-point underdogs. The matchup, which airs on ESPN, tips off at 7:30 PM ET on Friday, January 8, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 217 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
In the last 10 head-to-head meetings, New Orleans has a 7-3 record against Charlotte. The Pelicans also have a 1-0 advantage against the spread when playing the Hornets.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|11/9/2019||Pelicans||Hornets||-2||231.5||-128||107||Regular Season||115-110 NO|
|4/3/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-109 CHA|
|12/2/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-109 NO|
|3/13/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-115 NO|
|1/24/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||101-96 NO|
|3/11/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-122 NO|
|11/19/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-116 NO|
|3/9/2016||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-113 CHA|
|1/15/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-107 NO|
|1/7/2015||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-94 CHA|
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has struggled against the spread, going 3-5 on the year.
- The Pelicans have posted an even record of 1-1 against the spread when the spread is -6 or higher.
- New Orleans has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 3 times in 8 contests (37.5%).
Hornets Betting Information
- Charlotte has a losing record against the spread, going 3-5 ATS (covering only 37.5% of the time).
- Charlotte has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 25% of matchups this season (2 out of 8 contests).
- The Pelicans and their opponents have combined for 217 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 56 of eight games (700%) this year.
- Charlotte and its opponents have combined to score more than 217 points in 50% of their games this year (four of eight chances).
- These teams average a combined 213.4 points per game, 3.6 less points than the total of 217 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 215.1 points per game, 1.9 less than the over/under in this game.
- The Pelicans’ average point total in matchups this season is 211.9, 5.1 points less than the total in this game.
- The average over/under for Hornets games this year is 0.4 less points than the point total of 217 for this outing.
- Brandon Ingram leads the Pelicans in points and assists. He scores 24.9 points per game while tacking on 5.5 assists.
- New Orleans is led in rebounds by Steven Adams’ 9.1 per game.
- The Pelicans are led by Lonzo Ball from long distance. He connects on 2.4 shots from deep per game.
- Adams leads New Orleans in both blocks and steals, averaging 0.8 blocks and 1.6 steals per game.
- Hayward outpaced his teammates on the Hornets scoring front by putting up 21.9 points per game. He adds 5.6 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game this season.
- When it comes to Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Bismack Biyombo with 7.3 rebounds per game and Devonte’ Graham with 6.3 assists per game.
- Terry Rozier is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, knocking down 3.4 threes per game.
- Charlotte’s LaMelo Ball has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.6 per game and Miles Bridges is first in blocks with 1.5 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option