The New Orleans Pelicans (15-19) are 5.5-point favorites as they try to extend a three-game home win streak when they square off against the Chicago Bulls (15-18) on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at Smoothie King Center. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on NBCS-CHI. The matchup’s point total is set at 236.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
New Orleans holds a 6-4 record in the last 10 head-to-head matchups against Chicago.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/10/2021||Pelicans||Bulls||-2.5||230||-137||114||Regular Season||129-116 CHI|
|2/6/2020||Pelicans||Bulls||-6||230.5||-247||201||Regular Season||125-119 NO|
|1/8/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-4||224.5||-168||141||Regular Season||123-108 NO|
|2/6/2019||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-120 NO|
|11/7/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-98 NO|
|1/22/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-128 NO|
|11/4/2017||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-90 NO|
|4/2/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-110 CHI|
|1/14/2017||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-99 CHI|
|4/11/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-116 CHI|
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has covered in just 16 of 35 matchups this season.
- The Pelicans have posted a losing record of 3-4 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or higher.
- In 24 of 35 (68.6%) contests this season, New Orleans and its opponents have hit the over.
Bulls Betting Information
- Chicago has covered the spread in more than half of its outings, going 18-14-1 ATS.
- Chicago has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 54.5% of matchups this season (18 out of 33 opportunities).
- The Pelicans and their opponents have combined to record more than 236.5 points in 34.3% of their outings this season (12 of 35 opportunities).
- Chicago has played in 10 games this year (out of 33 total matchups — 30.3% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 236.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 6.2 less points per game (230.3) than this game’s total of 236.5 points.
- The Pelicans and the Bulls have seen their opponents average a combined 5.8 less points per game than the over/under of 236.5 set for this outing.
- The Pelicans’ average point total in matchups this season is 231.2, 5.3 points less than the over/under in this game.
- Bulls games this season have averaged a total of 229.5 points, 7.0 less than the point total in this matchup.
- Zion Williamson leads the Pelicans scoring 25.5 points per game.
- New Orleans is led in rebounding by Steven Adams’ 9.2 rebounds per game and assisting by Lonzo Ball’s 5.2 assists per game .
- The Pelicans are led by Ball from long distance. He makes 3.1 shots from deep per game.
- Ball leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Brandon Ingram collects 0.8 blocks a game to pace New Orleans.
- The Bulls leader in scoring is Zach LaVine with 28.5 points per game. He also adds 5.3 rebounds per game and 5.0 assists per game.
- When it comes to Chicago leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Wendell Carter Jr. with 7.5 rebounds per game and Coby White with 5.1 assists per game.
- LaVine is tops from three-point range for the Bulls, hitting 3.5 threes per game.
- Thaddeus Young is at the top of Chicago’s steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Daniel Gafford leads the squad in blocks with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA News & Rumors: Tony Ronzone Fired, Terry Stotts On The Hot Seat & LaMelo Ball Soon to Be Back
- Los Angeles Clippers vs. Portland Trail Blazers | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis
- Brooklyn Nets vs New Orleans Pelicans | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis
- NBA 2021 Power Rankings for Week 18 Expert Analysis
- Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Lakers | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis