The Detroit Pistons (7-19) are 4-point underdogs against the New Orleans Pelicans (11-14) at Little Caesars Arena on Sunday, February 14, 2021. The game tips at 7:00 PM ET on FS-DET. The over/under for the matchup is 221.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
New Orleans holds a 7-3 record in the last 10 head-to-head matchups with Detroit. The Pelicans have an advantage against the spread as well (2-1) when taking the court against the Pistons.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2021||Pelicans||Pistons||-4||222.5||-176||143||Regular Season||108-102 NO|
|1/13/2020||Pistons||Pistons||-4.5||221.5||-188||155||Regular Season||117-110 NO|
|12/9/2019||Pistons||Pelicans||-1||227||-117||-105||Regular Season||105-103 DET|
|1/23/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-94 DET|
|12/9/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-108 NO|
|2/12/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-103 NO|
|1/8/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-109 NO|
|3/1/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-86 NO|
|2/1/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-98 DET|
|2/21/2016||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-106 NO|
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has covered in just 12 of 26 matchups this season.
- The Pelicans have posted a losing record of 3-4 against the spread when the spread is -4 or bigger.
- In 16 of 26 (61.5%) contests this season, New Orleans and its opponents have hit the over.
Pistons Betting Information
- Detroit has a winning record against the spread, going 13-12-1 ATS (covering 50% of the time).
- When they are at least 4-point underdogs, the Pistons have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- Detroit has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 53.8% of matchups this year (14 out of 26 opportunities).
- In 61.5% of their games this season (16 of 26 chances), the Pelicans and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s over/under of 221.5 points.
- In 13 of 26 outings (50%) this season, Detroit and its opponents have combined to score at least 221.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 221.2 points per game, 0.3 less points than the total of 221.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 222.6 points per game, 1.1 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total the Pelicans have had set in matchups this year is 4.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Pistons this season is 0.1 points less than this game’s over/under.
- The Pelicans scoring leader is Zion Williamson, who averages 24.3 points per game.
- New Orleans is led in rebounding by Steven Adams’ 9.0 rebounds per game and assisting by Lonzo Ball’s 4.8 assists per game .
- Ball connects on 2.8 threes per game to lead the Pelicans.
- New Orleans’ steals leader is Ball, who averages 1.3 per game. Brandon Ingram leads the team averaging 1.0 block an outing.
- Jerami Grant owns the Pistons top spot in scoring with 23.3 points per game and also tacks on 5.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists per contest.
- The Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists are Mason Plumlee (8.8 rebounds per game) and Delon Wright (4.9 assists per game).
- Wayne Ellington is tops from three-point range for the Pistons, knocking down 2.8 threes per game.
- Wright is at the top of Detroit’s steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Grant leads the squad in blocks with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA 2021 Conference Odds Update: Clippers Down 2 Games, Hawks Take the Lead
- Suns vs Clippers Game 3 | Phoenix Hopeful Chris Paul Returns For Western Finals
- Hawks vs Bucks Game 1 | Bucks Are Solid Favorites On The NBA Odds
- Clippers vs Suns Game 2 | Kawhi Leonard and Chris Paul Ruled Out
- NBA News & Rumors: Rick Carlisle Leaves the Mavericks, Zion Williamson Unhappy, What’s Next for Brooklyn