Zion Williamson and the New Orleans Pelicans (13-17) are 9.5-point favorites against Jerami Grant and the Detroit Pistons (9-22) Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at Smoothie King Center. The matchup begins at 8:00 PM ET on FS-DET. The matchup has an over/under set at 222 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head matchups, New Orleans has a 6-4 record against Detroit. The Pelicans have an advantage against the spread as well (2-1) when hitting the court against the Pistons.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/14/2021||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-112 DET|
|2/12/2021||Pelicans||Pistons||-5||221.5||-212||172||Regular Season||108-102 NO|
|1/13/2020||Pistons||Pistons||-4.5||221.5||-188||155||Regular Season||117-110 NO|
|12/9/2019||Pistons||Pelicans||-1||227||-117||-105||Regular Season||105-103 DET|
|1/23/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-94 DET|
|12/9/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-108 NO|
|2/12/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-103 NO|
|1/8/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-109 NO|
|3/1/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-86 NO|
|2/1/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-98 DET|
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 14-17 record.
- In 21 of 31 (67.7%) contests this season, New Orleans and its opponents have hit the over.
Pistons Betting Information
- Detroit has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 15-14-2 ATS.
- Detroit has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 48.4% of matchups this year (15 out of 31 chances).
- In 21 of 31 games (67.7%) this year, the Pelicans and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 222 points.
- In 14 of 31 games (45.2%) this season, Detroit has combined with its opponents to score more than 222 points.
- These teams average a combined 222.1 points per game, 0.1 more points than the over/under of 222 set for this game.
- The Pelicans and the Pistons have seen their opponents average a combined 1.3 more points per game than the point total of 222 set in this game.
- The average point total in Pelicans games this year is 7.3 more points than the total of 222 in this matchup.
- Pistons games this season have averaged an over/under of 219.4 points, 2.6 less than the point total in this matchup.
- The Pelicans scoring leader is Williamson, who puts up 25.1 points per game.
- New Orleans is led in rebounding by Steven Adams’ 8.9 rebounds per game and assisting by Lonzo Ball’s 5.0 assists per game .
- Ball hits 3.0 threes per game to lead the Pelicans.
- Ball leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Brandon Ingram collects 0.9 blocks an outing to pace New Orleans.
- The Pistons leader in scoring is Grant with 23.3 points per game. He also adds 5.2 rebounds per game and 3.1 assists per game.
- When it comes to Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Mason Plumlee with 9.1 rebounds per game and Delon Wright with 4.9 assists per game.
- Wayne Ellington is tops from three-point range for the Pistons, knocking down 2.6 threes per game.
- Nobody on Detroit grabs more steals than Wright (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Grant (1.1 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Sixers Are Open to Offers for Simmons
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 4 Lines | Milwaukee Looks to Even NBA Finals