The Minnesota Timberwolves (3-11) are underdogs (+8) in their attempt to end a four-game losing streak when they host the New Orleans Pelicans (5-9) at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Target Center. The matchup airs on FS-N. The over/under is set at 223.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Minnesota has come out on top in six of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against New Orleans. The Pelicans hold a 2-1 advantage against the spread when facing off with the Timberwolves.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/8/2020||Pelicans||Timberwolves||-7||247.5||-290||234||Regular Season||120-107 NO|
|3/3/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-11||247.5||-611||453||Regular Season||139-134 MIN|
|12/18/2019||Timberwolves||Timberwolves||-3||230||-154||127||Regular Season||107-99 NO|
|2/8/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-117 NO|
|1/12/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-106 MIN|
|12/31/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-114 NO|
|11/14/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-100 MIN|
|2/3/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-107 MIN|
|1/6/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-98 MIN|
|11/29/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-102 MIN|
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has struggled against the spread, going 5-9 on the year.
- The Pelicans have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 8 points.
- In 8 of 14 (57.1%) contests this season, New Orleans and its opponents have hit the over.
Timberwolves Betting Information
- Minnesota has covered the spread in fewer than half of its games, going 5-8-1 ATS.
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 6 of 14 (42.9%).
- The Pelicans and their opponents have put up more than 223.5 points in 357.1% of their games this season (50 of 14 opportunities).
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score at least 223.5 points in 57.1% of their games this season (eight of 14 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 9.3 less points per game (214.2) than this game’s over/under of 223.5 points.
- The Pelicans and the Timberwolves have seen their opponents average a combined 3.6 more points per game than the over/under of 223.5 set in this matchup.
- The Pelicans’ average point total in outings this year is 218.9, 4.6 points less than the total in this game.
- The average total in Timberwolves games this season is 1.1 fewer points than the point total of 223.5 for this outing.
- Zion Williamson leads the Pelicans scoring 23.7 points per game.
- Brandon Ingram leads New Orleans with 4.8 assists per game and Steven Adams paces the team with 9.5 rebounds per outing.
- Ingram makes 2.1 threes per game to lead the Pelicans.
- New Orleans’ blocks leader is Ingram, who records 0.9 per game. Lonzo Ball leads the team averaging 1.2 steals a contest.
- The Timberwolves go-to guy, D’Angelo Russell, leads the team in both scoring (20.5 points per game) and assists (5.5 assists per game).
- Juancho Hernangomez collects all of the boards and is the Minnesota leader in rebounds, getting 5.3 per game.
- Russell is tops from three-point range for the Timberwolves, knocking down 3.0 threes per game.
- Ricky Rubio is at the top of Minnesota’s steals hierarchy with 1.5 steals per game and Naz Reid leads the squad in blocks with 1.4 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Hawks vs Bucks Game 1 | Bucks Are Solid Favorites On The NBA Odds
- Clippers vs Suns Game 2 | Kawhi Leonard and Chris Paul Ruled Out
- NBA News & Rumors: Rick Carlisle Leaves the Mavericks, Zion Williamson Unhappy, What’s Next for Brooklyn
- Jazz vs Clippers Game 6 | Can the Clippers advance to the Finals?
- Philadelphia vs Atlanta Game 6 | Atlanta Best Season Ever to Reach the Finals