The Portland Trail Blazers (17-10) are 3-point underdogs as they look to extend a five-game winning streak when they visit the New Orleans Pelicans (12-15) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Smoothie King Center. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET on NBCS-NW. The matchup’s over/under is set at 231.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head matchups, New Orleans has a 7-3 record against Portland. The Pelicans also have a 4-0 advantage against the spread when facing off with the Trail Blazers.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/21/2020||Pelicans||Trail Blazers||-5.5||239.5||-229||187||Regular Season||128-115 NO|
|2/11/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-3.5||243.5||-156||130||Regular Season||138-117 NO|
|12/23/2019||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-5.5||229.5||-238||194||Regular Season||102-94 NO|
|11/19/2019||Pelicans||Pelicans||-3||231.5||-157||132||Regular Season||115-104 NO|
|3/15/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-110 POR|
|1/18/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-112 POR|
|11/1/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-119 POR|
|4/17/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Playoffs||111-102 NO|
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 13-15 record.
- The Pelicans have posted a losing record of 4-5 against the spread when the spread is -3 or higher.
- More often than not, New Orleans and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 18 of 28 chances this season.
Trail Blazers Betting Information
- Portland has a winning record against the spread, going 15-12 ATS (covering 55.6% of the time).
- The Trail Blazers have fared well as a 3-point underdog, going 8-7 against the spread when they are at least 3-point underdogs.
- Portland and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 15 of 27 (55.6%).
- In 10 of 28 opportunities (35.7%) this season, the Pelicans and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 231.5 points.
- Portland and its opponents have combined to score at least 231.5 points in 12 of 27 games (44.4%) this season.
- The Pelicans and the Trail Blazers combine to average 2.0 less points per game than the total of 231.5 set for this matchup.
- The Pelicans and the Trail Blazers have seen their opponents average a combined 2.8 fewer points per game than the point total of 231.5 set in this outing.
- The Pelicans’ average point total in outings this season is 227.7, 3.8 points below the total in this game.
- Trail Blazers games this year have averaged an over/under of 230.2 points, 1.3 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- Zion Williamson leads the Pelicans scoring 24.6 points per game.
- Steven Adams paces New Orleans with 9.1 rebounds per game and Brandon Ingram leads the squad with 4.8 assists per contest.
- Lonzo Ball knocks down 2.8 threes per game to lead the Pelicans.
- Ball leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Ingram collects 1.0 block a game to pace New Orleans.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Damian Lillard’s strong performances this season give him the top spot on the Trail Blazers scoring and assists leaderboards with 29.3 points per game and 7.4 assists per game.
- Enes Kanter’s 11.3 rebounds per game paces Portland’s rebounding effort. He also adds 11.5 points per game.
- CJ McCollum is tops from three-point range for the Trail Blazers, knocking down 4.8 threes per game.
- Nobody on Portland grabs more steals than Robert Covington (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Derrick Jones Jr. (0.9 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NBA Update – Mar. 4th Edition
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Miami Heat vs. New Orleans Pelicans: 3/4/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- 2021 NBA All Star Game Expert Analysis
- NBA 2021 Player Power Rankings Analysis Update Mar. 3rd