The New Orleans Pelicans (4-7) are favored (-2) to end a five-game losing streak when they visit the Sacramento Kings (5-8) at 9:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at Golden 1 Center. The matchup airs on NBCS-CA. The matchup has an over/under of 229.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
New Orleans and Sacramento have each won five of their last 10 head-to-head matchups. The Kings have a 2-1 record against the spread when facing the Pelicans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/11/2020||Kings||Kings||-3||236||-144||120||Regular Season||112-106 SAC|
|8/6/2020||Pelicans||Kings||-4||235.5||-182||150||Regular Season||140-125 SAC|
|1/4/2020||Kings||Kings||-2||226||-137||115||Regular Season||117-115 NO|
|4/7/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||133-129 NO|
|3/28/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-118 NO|
|12/23/2018||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-117 SAC|
|10/19/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||149-129 NO|
|3/7/2018||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-101 NO|
|1/30/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-103 SAC|
|12/8/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-109 SAC|
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has struggled against the spread, going 4-7 on the year.
- The Pelicans have struggled to cover, going just 1-3 ATS when favored by at least 2 points.
- New Orleans has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 5 times in 11 contests (45.5%).
Kings Betting Information
- Sacramento has a losing record against the spread, going 5-8 ATS (covering only 38.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Kings have a record ATS of 0-2.
- In the majority of Sacramento’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 13 games, 69.2%).
- The Pelicans and their opponents have combined to put up more than 229 points in 363.6% of their outings this year (40 of 11 opportunities).
- Sacramento has combined with its opponents to score at least 229 points in nine of 13 opportunities (69.2%) this year.
- The Pelicans and the Kings combine to average 9.5 less points per game than the total of 229 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 230.7 points per game, 1.7 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The Pelicans’ average point total in matchups this season is 213.4, 15.6 points less than the total in this game.
- The average total for Kings games this season is 7.8 more points than the point total of 229 in this outing.
- Brandon Ingram leads the Pelicans in scoring (23.5 points per game) and assisting (5.5 assists per game).
- New Orleans is led in rebounds by Steven Adams’ 8.5 per game.
- Lonzo Ball is the top three-point shooter for the Pelicans, hitting 2.2 per game.
- New Orleans’ blocks leader is Ingram, who averages 0.9 per game. Adams leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a contest.
- The Kings leader in scoring is De’Aaron Fox with 18.8 points per game. He also adds 2.8 rebounds per game and 5.2 assists per game.
- The Sacramento leaders in rebounds and assists are Richaun Holmes (7.6 rebounds per game) and Tyrese Haliburton (5.6 assists per game).
- Buddy Hield is tops from three-point range for the Kings, hitting 3.8 threes per game.
- Haliburton is at the top of Sacramento’s steals hierarchy with 1.3 steals per game and Holmes leads the squad in blocks with 1.3 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Hawks vs Bucks Game 1 | Bucks Are Solid Favorites On The NBA Odds
- Clippers vs Suns Game 2 | Kawhi Leonard and Chris Paul Ruled Out
- NBA News & Rumors: Rick Carlisle Leaves the Mavericks, Zion Williamson Unhappy, What’s Next for Brooklyn
- Jazz vs Clippers Game 6 | Can the Clippers advance to the Finals?
- Philadelphia vs Atlanta Game 6 | Atlanta Best Season Ever to Reach the Finals