The New Orleans Pelicans (3-2) and the Toronto Raptors (1-3) play in a matchup with no set line at Smoothie King Center on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup has an over/under of 225.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Toronto has come out on top in eight of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with New Orleans. The Raptors also have a 2-1 record against the spread when playing the Pelicans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/23/2020||Raptors||Raptors||-4||229.5||-167||139||Regular Season||113-99 NO|
|11/8/2019||Raptors||Pelicans||-2.5||232.5||-139||117||Regular Season||122-104 TOR|
|10/22/2019||Raptors||Raptors||-6.5||229||-278||226||Regular Season||130-122 TOR|
|3/8/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-104 TOR|
|11/12/2018||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-110 NO|
|11/15/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-116 TOR|
|11/9/2017||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-118 TOR|
|3/8/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||94-87 TOR|
|1/31/2017||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-106 TOR|
|3/26/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-91 TOR|
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has covered in just two of five matchups this season.
- New Orleans has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 0 times in 5 contests (0%).
Raptors Betting Information
- Toronto had a 46-36-1 record against the spread, covering in 55.4% of their matchups.
- Toronto combined with its opponents to hit the over in 49.4% of matchups last season (41 out of 83 contests).
- The Pelicans and their opponents combined for 225.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 46 of 72 outings (63.9%) last year.
- In 31 of 83 opportunities (37.3%) last year, Toronto and its opponents combined to score more than 225.5 points.
- The Pelicans and the Raptors saw their opponents average a combined 2.1 fewer points per game last season than the over/under of 225.5 set for this game.
- The average total the Pelicans had set in games last season was 7.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Raptors games last season averaged a total of 218.7 points, 6.8 less than the point total in this matchup.
- The Pelicans points and assists leader is Brandon Ingram. He puts up 22.6 points per game and dishes out 5.6 assists.
- New Orleans is led in rebounds by Steven Adams’ 8.8 per game.
- The Pelicans are led by Ingram from long distance. He connects on 2.4 shots from deep per game.
- New Orleans’ blocks leader is Adams, who averages 1.2 per game. Lonzo Ball leads the team averaging 1.8 steals an outing.
- Pascal Siakam put up 22.9 points per game last season while also adding 7.3 rebounds.
- Kyle Lowry collected 7.5 assists per game.
- Lowry had a strong showing from long distance a season ago. He connected on 2.8 shots from deep per game.
- Fred VanVleet grabbed 1.8 per game. Chris Boucher averaged 1.0 block a contest.