The Cleveland Cavaliers () will try to build on a three-game win streak when they host the New York Knicks (1-2) on Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse as heavy, 39.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-OH. The matchup’s over/under is 205.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Cleveland has come out on top in six of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against New York. The Knicks have an advantage against the spread (3-1) when playing the Cavaliers.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/3/2020||Knicks||Cavaliers||-2||216||-130||109||Regular Season||139-134 NY|
|1/20/2020||Knicks||Cavaliers||-1.5||222||-121||101||Regular Season||106-86 NY|
|11/18/2019||Knicks||Knicks||-5.5||210||-221||177||Regular Season||123-105 NY|
|11/10/2019||Knicks||Knicks||-2||213.5||-130||109||Regular Season||108-87 CLE|
|2/28/2019||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-118 CLE|
|2/11/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-104 CLE|
|12/12/2018||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-106 CLE|
|4/11/2018||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-98 NY|
|4/9/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-109 CLE|
|11/13/2017||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-101 CLE|
Knicks Betting Information
- Against the spread, New York was strong last season, posting a 34-30-1 record.
- New York more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 31 times in 65 contests (47.7%).
Cavaliers Betting Information
- Cleveland failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 30-33-2 ATS.
- In most of Cleveland’s games this season, the teams combined to hit the over (36 out of 65 games, 55.4%).
- In 71.2% of their games last year (47 of 66 chances), the Knicks and their opponents combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 205.5 points.
- Cleveland played in 54 games last year (out of 65 total matchups — 83.1% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 205.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams averaged a combined 227.1 points per game last season, 21.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total in Knicks games last season was 12.6 more points than the total of 205.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Cavaliers games last year was 16.2 more points than the point total of 205.5 for this outing.
- Julius Randle contributed 19.5 points per game last season while adding 9.7 rebounds.
- Elfrid Payton collected 7.2 assists per game.
- Alec Burks was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 1.8 per game.
- Payton nicked 1.6 steals per game. Mitchell Robinson collected 2.0 blocks a game.
- Collin Sexton scored 20.8 points per game last season.
- Andre Drummond collected 15.8 rebounds a game and Darius Garland dished out 3.9 assists per outing.
- Kevin Love connected on 2.6 threes per game a season ago.
- Drummond averaged 2.0 steals and 1.7 blocks per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Boston Celtics vs. New York Knicks: 1/17/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Dallas Mavericks vs. Chicago Bulls: 1/17/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Denver Nuggets vs. Utah Jazz 1/17/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Sacramento Kings 1/17/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Los Angeles Clippers vs. Indiana Pacers 1/17/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends