The Minnesota Timberwolves (7-23) will try to end a three-game losing streak when they hit the road to play the New York Knicks (14-16) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at Madison Square Garden as only 2.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on MSG. The point total is set at 215 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Minnesota holds a 6-4 record in the last 10 head-to-head matchups against New York.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/10/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-92 MIN|
|2/22/2019||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-104 MIN|
|3/23/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-104 MIN|
|1/12/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-108 MIN|
|12/2/2016||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-114 NY|
|11/30/2016||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-104 NY|
|2/20/2016||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-95 NY|
|12/16/2015||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-102 NY|
|3/19/2015||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||95-92 MIN|
|11/19/2014||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-99 MIN|
Knicks Betting Information
- New York is good against the spread, going 16-14 this season.
- The Knicks have struggled to cover, going just 1-3 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- New York and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 10 of 30 games this season (33.3%).
Timberwolves Betting Information
- Minnesota has a losing record against the spread, going 12-15-2 ATS (covering just 41.4% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Timberwolves have a record ATS of 2-0.
- Minnesota has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 48.3% of matchups this season (14 out of 29 contests).
- The Knicks and their opponents have combined to score more than 215 points in 30% of their outings this season (nine of 30 opportunities).
- In 20 of 30 games (66.7%) this year, Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score at least 215 points.
- The two teams average a combined 3.7 less points per game (211.3) than this matchup’s over/under of 215 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 218.9 points per game, 3.9 more than the point total in this game.
- The Knicks’ average point total in outings this year is 207.2, 7.8 points below the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Timberwolves this season is eight points higher than this game’s over/under.
- Julius Randle leads the Knicks in scoring (23.2 points per game), rebounding (10.9 per game) and assisting (5.5 per game).
- The Knicks are led by Alec Burks from long distance. He hits 2.0 shots from deep per game.
- New York’s blocks leader is Nerlens Noel, who averages 1.9 per game. Mitchell Robinson leads the team averaging 1.2 steals a game.
- Karl-Anthony Towns is at the top of the Timberwolves scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 21.5 points per game and 10.8 rebounds per game this season.
- The Minnesota leader in assists is Ricky Rubio with 6.4 assists per game.
- Malik Beasley is tops from three-point range for the Timberwolves, knocking down 3.4 threes per game.
- Rubio is at the top of Minnesota’s steals hierarchy with 1.3 steals per game and Towns leads the squad in blocks with 1.9 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NBA Update – Mar. 4th Edition
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Miami Heat vs. New Orleans Pelicans: 3/4/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- 2021 NBA All Star Game Expert Analysis
- NBA 2021 Player Power Rankings Analysis Update Mar. 3rd