The regular season is getting ever closer to the thrill of NBA betting fans, and teams are having to make some choices to get down to their roster limits. Let’s take a look at some of the most recent moves that teams in the Association are making.
The Cleveland Cavaliers took Sir’Dominic Pointer with their second round pick in the 2015 NBA draft, but they don’t have any spots for him on their roster. This means that he will head to Canton to play for the Canton Charge, the Cavs’ D-League team, according to Northeast Ohio Media Group’s Chris Haynes. He won’t go to training camp with the Cavs but instead will go right to Canton. He averaged 5.6 points, 3 boards, 1 steal and 1.4 blocks at the Las Vegas Summer League.
The Golden State Warriors must sign Festus Ezeli and Harrison Barnes to extensions by November 2. As Warriors GM Bob Myers told KNBR-680 AM, “We’re going to work hard on both those guys. And if we can do a deal, we’ll happily do it.” Barnes is looking at raking in over $14 million per season, while Ezeli’s should average between $5 and $7 million. Because of the huge jump the salary cap is about to start taking after next season, teams and agents are figuring out a happy medium for the upcoming season, before the big TV deal hits and the cap goes nuts.
It looks like the Detroit Pistons are the favorite to sign free agent forward Eric Moreland. The Sacramento Kings waived him on July 29 but offered to re-sign him. He could take that deal as well, and the Los Angeles Lakers are on the list of possibilities too, reports RealGM.com’s Shams Charania. Moreland has the best shot at playing time with Sacramento, as Detroit and the Lakers already have a lot of forwards.
J. Michael of CSN Mid-Atlantic reports that guard Toure Murry has taken an offer to go to training camp with the Washington Wizards. He played five games with the Wizards in 2014-15 on a 10-day contract. The Wizards do have 15 players already signed with fully guaranteed salaries for 2015-16 – and six of them are in the backcourt. This means that it is fairly unlikely that Murry will be on their roster when the regular season begins.
The Philadelphia 76ers need a point guard, and one name that keeps popping up is Kendall Marshall. He did tear his right ACL in January, though, so he may not get a whole lot of training camp offers.
Boston Celtics big man Kelly Olynyk hurt his left knee last week, but he still expects to play for Canada in the FIBA Americas Qualifying Tournament in Mexico City. He told reporters, “I’m definitely getting better every day. That’s definitely a positive sign.”
Shams Charania of RealGM.com reports that the Oklahoma City Thunder have signed forward Talib Zanna to a deal. There is no salary protection for the training camp deal, and the Thunder has a full roster. This means that the team will release him late in the preseason, just like last year, and then he will play for their D-League team.Sources:
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Nuggets vs Hornets NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Lakers vs Spurs NBA Odds & Expert Prediction for Friday Night
- Rockets vs Jazz NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview
- How to Bet Suns vs Trail Blazers NBA Spread & Expert Pick
- Knicks at Celtics NBA Betting Odds & Analysis
- Pistons vs Bucks NBA Spread & Game Preview
- Clippers vs Grizzlies NBA Odds & Game Preview
- Spurs vs Jazz NBA Betting Lines & Expert Prediction
- Trail Blazers vs Mavericks NBA Odds & Pick
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – December 3rd Edition
- Updated 2019 NBA Championship Odds – November 30th Edition
- Rockets vs Spurs NBA Betting Odds & Expert Prediction
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 26th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 19th
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 12th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 5th Edition
- Timberwolves vs Warriors NBA Odds & Expert Pick for Friday Night
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 29th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 22nd Edition
- 2018 NBA Western Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship