Can Cleveland Upset Golden State in the NBA Odds for 2018 Finals Game 4?
The best players in any sport make a habit of delivering huge plays at crucial times in a game. Over the course of these NBA playoffs, it has been LeBron James who has, time and again, delivered the highlight play of the night, which was very often one that propelled his team to a win. He had another one of those in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, laying himself up for a slam dunk that got the whole arena on its feet. It was a stunning play to be sure, but it ended up playing second filled to the ridiculously long 3-point shot by Kevin Durant that put his team up by 6 points late in the game. It may very well have been the play that decided Game 3 of this series, and which now has the NBA odds underdog Cavaliers on the brink of being swept.
Let’s remember that in the history of the NBA playoffs, no team has ever come back from 3 games down to win a series. Cleveland needs to find a way to make history while the huge NBA betting favorites Golden State Warriors start thinking about a victory parade in Oakland.
2018 NBA Finals Game 4: Warriors vs. Cavaliers NBA Odds & Pick
KD has himself a NIGHT Kevin Durant 😏 pic.twitter.com/1WNwnXyrgF
— Golden State Warriors (@warriors) 7 de junio de 2018
- When: Friday, June 8 at 9 PM EST
- Where: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland
- TV: ABC
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Golden State Warriors -185 (Over/Under at 215.5)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Score: Golden State Warriors 118.10 / Cleveland Cavaliers 109.30
- Field Goal Percentage: Golden State Warriors 49.14 / Cleveland Cavaliers 43.76
- Rebounds: Golden State Warriors 44.00 / Cleveland Cavaliers 45.30
- 3 Point Shots: Golden State Warriors 130-353 / Cleveland Cavaliers 116-332
- Steals: Golden State Warriors 7.20 / Cleveland Cavaliers 7.30
Why Consider the NBA Odds for the Warriors?
The thing about the Golden State Warriors is that you cannot simply key on one player in hopes of shutting him down. If You try to negate Stephen Curry, you still have Klay Thompson or Kevin Durant who can hurt you. In Game 3 of this series, on a night when Curry was a little off, it was Durant who came up with the huge performance. He delivered more than that killer 3-pointer we talked about earlier, draining 43 points in a performance for the ages.
It did look for a while, though, as if the Warriors were going to be in a spot of trouble, but they came out of the locker room at halftime and put on a clinic in the third quarter, as they so often do. It was a relentless attack that now has them just one more win away from another NBA crown.
- Total Score: 112.89
- Field Goal Percentage: 49.86
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.39
- Free Throw Percentage: 81.54
- Total Rebounds: 43.80
- Total Score: 106.25
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.32
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.80
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.12
- Total Rebounds: 42.53
Why Consider the NBA Odds for the Cavaliers?
Over the course of this playoff run, we have seen a team that has become altogether too dependent on a single player. LeBron James has been playing some of the best basketball of his career during this unlikely run by the Cavaliers, but he has lacked the supporting cast that Stephen Curry has over in Oakland.
The question now is whether this will be the last hurrah for the king in his second stint in Cleveland, as rumors are rife that he will be moving in the offseason, with Oakland being one of his potential destinations. You can certainly never count this team out with LeBron on the court, but as we mentioned earlier, history is very much against them in this current 0-3 hole. It now just looks like a matter of extending this series and putting off what appears to be inevitable.
- Total Score: 109.04
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.21
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.45
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.47
- Total Rebounds: 41.91
- Total Score: 108.44
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.27
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.40
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.59
- Total Rebounds: 42.89
Latest NBA Betting Trends
- Golden State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Golden State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Golden State’s last 13 games
- Cleveland is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- Cleveland is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Cleveland’s last 16 games at home
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
LeBron James is a player with a lot of pride, and you can bet that he and his team are not going to go down without a fight. Unfortunately, it is a battle where they are seriously outmatched, which is why I think the Dubs complete the sweep on Friday.
Score: Golden State Warriors 113 – Cleveland Cavaliers 109