NBA Odds & Betting Pick for Playoffs Game 2: Bucks vs. Celtics
Over the past few years in the NBA playoffs, heading into the postseason as the #7 or #8 seed has proven to be the kiss of death for those teams. Bookies and bettors tend to steer clear of the lower seeds, but something a little strange has happened this season, particularly in the Eastern Conference. There are a lot of pundits who spoke about how the Toronto Raptors might just struggle against the Washington Wizards, but even more of them took the time to write off the Boston Celtics before the playoffs began, citing the loss of Kyrie Irving as a sure sign that the Celtics were going nowhere fast, no matter what the NBA odds dictate.
Their opening round match-up is against the Milwaukee Bucks, a team that played them very tough during the regular season, splitting the 4-game series, including winning one in the famed Boston Garden. The NBA betting Underdogs Bucks kept it close in the opener before eventually falling late, but they can still stay in this series, and potentially gain home court advantage, by taking Game 2 on the road on Tuesday night.
Milwaukee at Boston NBA Odds & Betting Pick
“There we a lot of little things that we can do better.”
Coach Prunty speaks with the media after practice yesterday: pic.twitter.com/XRxLv0MMV7
— Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks) 17 de abril de 2018
- When: Tuesday, April 17 at 8 PM EST
- Where: TD Garden, Boston
- TV: TNT
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Boston Celtics -125 (Over/Under at 199 points)
- All: Milwaukee Bucks 44-39 / Boston Celtics 56-27
- Home: Milwaukee Bucks 25-16 / Boston Celtics 28-14
- Away: Milwaukee Bucks 19-23 / Boston Celtics 28-13
- ATS: Milwaukee Bucks 35-45-3 / Boston Celtics 51-30-2
- Over/Under: Milwaukee Bucks 48-34-1 / Boston Celtics 43-39-1
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Boston Celtics lead 7-3
- Score: Milwaukee Bucks 103.10 / Boston Celtics 108.20
- Field Goal Percentage: Milwaukee Bucks 45.77 / Boston Celtics 47.85
- Rebounds: Milwaukee Bucks 42.30 / Boston Celtics 39.10
- 3 Point Shots: Milwaukee Bucks 99-280 / Boston Celtics 74-206
- Steals: Milwaukee Bucks 8.30 / Boston Celtics 7.20
Why Consider the NBA Odds for the Bucks?
The Milwaukee Bucks went through a rollercoaster of emotions during the opening game of this series, which was quite possibly the best of all the opening games in round one. Milwaukee looked to be dead and buried, down by 3 with just 0.5 seconds remaining, but Khris Middleton hit a monster 3-point shot that tied things up and took the game to OT. Unfortunately for the Bucks, they were not able to ride that wave of emotion into the extra frame, getting outscored 14-6 by the Celtics to finally lose the game 113 to 107, a score that was more than a little flattering to the home team.
What the Bucks proved here, though, is that they have what it takes to hang with the #2 seeds. Giannis Antetokounmpo has 35 points in a losing cause but has now scored at least 20 points in 8 consecutive games versus the Boston Celtics.
- Total Score: 106.48
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.85
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.52
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.29
- Total Rebounds: 39.89
- Total Score: 106.86
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.69
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.32
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.49
- Total Rebounds: 42.73
Why Consider the NBA Odds for the Celtics?
If nothing else, you need to give the Celtics credit for putting in a gritty performance to get the win. Without the class that Kyrie Irving provides, this team may well need to rely on the all-around team performance that they got in Game 1. The real test of this teams came in OT, as there are a lot of teams that might well have buckled after seeing their lead wiped out with the final shot of the game.
Al Horford picked up a lot of the slack for the Celtics in the absence of Irving, scoring 24 points, but it was perhaps the 23 points that Terry Rozier chipped in during his first ever playoff game that may be the most encouraging for the Celtics. This is a team that seems bound and determined to prove that they are bigger than just one player.
- Total Score: 104.12
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.99
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.73
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.26
- Total Rebounds: 44.46
- Total Score: 100.51
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.03
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.92
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.35
- Total Rebounds: 43.78
Latest NBA Playoffs Betting Trends
- Boston is 8-4 against the spread versus Milwaukee over the last 3 seasons
- Milwaukee is 35-43 ATS in all games this season
- Milwaukee is 135-99 ATS in road games against Atlantic division opponents since 1996
- 8 of 11 games in this series have gone Over the Total over the last 3 seasons
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
I think that Game 2 will prove to be another close one, as the Bucks look as though they match up quite well with the Celtics. I also believe that Boson will once again find a way to pull this one out.
Score: Milwaukee Bucks 101 – Boston Celtics 106