LeBron James and the LA Lakers got off to a bit of an unsteady start, but they have definitely found their footing and are now just 3 ½ games out of the lead in the #4 spot. The Pelicans are now sitting down below the playoff line, a game and a half back of the #8 spot. They are still very much within reach, but that might change rather quickly if they cannot find a way to start putting wins together again. The Lakers are in as a 4 point favorite, with the point total set at 233.
How to Bet Pelicans vs Lakers NBA Spread & Prediction
- When: Friday, December 21 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Staples Center, LA
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Los Angeles Lakers -4 (Total 231)
- All: New Orleans Pelicans 15-17 / Los Angeles Lakers 18-13
- Home: New Orleans Pelicans 11-5 / Los Angeles Lakers 11-4
- Away: New Orleans Pelicans 4-12 / Los Angeles Lakers 7-9
- ATS: New Orleans Pelicans 15-17 / Los Angeles Lakers 13-18
- Over/Under: New Orleans Pelicans 17-15 / Los Angeles Lakers 12-18-1
Why bet on the New Orleans Pelicans?The last 10 games have not been good for the Pelicans, as they have picked up just 4 wins during that stretch. Furthermore, there is also the distraction of the talk about Anthony Davis perhaps being on the move to either the Lakers or the Celtics. While it would certainly depend upon what they got in return, shipping out Davis would mean giving up a guy that is averaging 28 PPG, which is almost impossible to replace.
The Pelicans have been a bit hit and miss in terms of the spread, going 8-7 ATS as the underdog, which includes being 6-6 ATS as the road dog. It has certainly been the UNDER that has been the best bet with New Orleans, with 7 of their last 10 games going that route.
- Total Score: 116.66
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.78
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.34
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.90
- Total Rebounds: 47.19
- Total Score: 115.31
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.65
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.75
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.48
- Total Rebounds: 44.25
Why bet on the LA Lakers?There were a lot of wild predictions about how the Lakers season would go with LeBron James in the fold, with some even going as far as to suggest that they would be up tackling the Golden State Warriors. While they have not yet reached those dizzy heights, they are still sitting with a respectable 18-13 record that has then 3 ½ games out of the top spot that is currently being occupied by the Denver Nuggets.
The Lakers have been particularly good at home, going 11-4 on the season, but they have not been a very good ATS bet. They are just 13-18 ATS, which includes a 6-7 ATS record as a home favorite. It has been the UNDER that has been the best bet when the Lakers play at home, where they are 4-10-1 O/U this season.
- Total Score: 113.29
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.74
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.82
- Free Throw Percentage: 69.21
- Total Rebounds: 46.16
- Total Score: 111.68
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.10
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.24
- Free Throw Percentage: 81.08
- Total Rebounds: 46.10
Latest Pelicans vs Lakers NBA Betting Trends
- New Orleans is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing LA Lakers
- New Orleans is 3-12 SU in its last 15 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New Orleans’s last 5 games on the road
- LA Lakers is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- LA Lakers is 14-7 SU in its last 21 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of LA Lakers’s last 24 games
Expert Pick & Final Score PredictionGiven how good they have been at the Staples Center this season, my money is definitely on the Lakers to win. I think they can cover here, but I do like the point total to go the way of the UNDER.
Score: New Orleans Pelicans 110 – LA Lakers 118