There is nothing more devastating to a team than having defeat snatched from the hands of victory, which is exactly what happened to the New Orleans Pelicans in Game 3 of their series versus the Golden State Warriors. Leading by 20 points, the Pelicans looked set to get back into the series, but a barnstorming comeback from the Warriors, including a ridiculous last second 3-pointer from Steph Curry, took the game to OT. The Warriors won, and are now set as online sports betting favorites to hammer the final nail in the Pelicans coffin on Saturday.
Despite the 3-0 lead that the Warriors hold, things have been much closer than they would appear on paper. It is often the small details that separate the great teams from the good, and the Warriors have been winning all those small battles. There are very few players in the league who could have made the shot that Curry did to take Game 3 in overtime. This series is actually great preparation for the Warriors, who are likely to face tougher battle as the postseason progresses. Being able to add a little bit of grit and mental toughness to their elite shooting play sets them up nicely for a very, very deep run.
The only way to gain postseason experience is to play more games, which is all the Pelicans are really trying to do at his point. They have a bright future in the form of Anthony Davis, who has shown that he is indeed the real deal during this series. The Pelicans have also been getting a ton of help from their bench, with Ryan Anderson, Tyreke Evans, and Norris Cole all making strong contributions with limited playing time. The fact that so many Pelicans players have played well in losing causes speaks volumes to just how good this Warriors team really is. The Game 3 loss was a heartbreaker that is going to be tough to recover from, but you can bet that this group will want to give their home fans one more thing to cheer about before their season officially comes to an end.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 19th
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 12th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 5th Edition
- Timberwolves vs Warriors NBA Odds & Expert Pick for Friday Night
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 29th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 22nd Edition
- 2018 NBA Western Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland