The Detroit Pistons (1-7) will attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Phoenix Suns (6-2) on Friday, January 8, 2021 at Little Caesars Arena as 6.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-DET. The matchup has a point total of 217.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
In the last 10 head-to-head matchups, Detroit has a 9-1 record against Phoenix. The Pistons also have a 2-0 edge against the spread when squaring off against the Suns.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/28/2020||Suns||Suns||-9||217.5||-387||306||Regular Season||113-111 DET|
|2/5/2020||Suns||Pistons||-3||217.5||-149||125||Regular Season||116-108 DET|
|3/21/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-98 DET|
|11/25/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-107 DET|
|3/20/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-88 DET|
|11/29/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-107 DET|
|3/19/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-95 DET|
|11/9/2016||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-100 PHO|
|12/2/2015||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-122 DET|
|11/6/2015||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-92 DET|
Suns Betting Information
- Phoenix has been good against the spread this season, posting a 6-2 record.
- Phoenix and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 2 of 8 games this season (25%).
Pistons Betting Information
- Detroit’s record against the spread is 4-4.
- Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 5 of 8 (62.5%).
- The Suns and their opponents have totaled at least 217.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 57 of eight opportunities (712.5%) this season.
- Detroit has played in six games this season (out of eight total matchups — 75% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 217.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 221.3 points per game, 3.8 more points than the over/under of 217.5 set for this matchup.
- The Suns and the Pistons have seen their opponents average a combined 4.0 more points per game than the over/under of 217.5 set in this game.
- The average over/under the Suns have had set in games this season is 5.4 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Pistons games this season have averaged an over/under of 230.6 points, 13.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The Suns scoring leader is Devin Booker, who contributes 21.5 points per game.
- Deandre Ayton paces Phoenix with 11.4 rebounds a game and Chris Paul leads the squad with 8.3 assists per matchup.
- Mikal Bridges knocks down 2.8 threes per game to lead the Suns.
- Paul leads the team with 0.9 steals per game. Bridges collects 1.4 blocks a contest to pace Phoenix.
- Jerami Grant outpaced his teammates on the Pistons scoring front by putting up 24.0 points per game. He adds 6.0 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game this season.
- When it comes to Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Mason Plumlee with 9.6 rebounds per game and Derrick Rose with 5.4 assists per game.
- Saddiq Bey leads the Pistons in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.7 made threes per game.
- Detroit’s Plumlee has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Grant is first in blocks with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title