The Detroit Pistons (5-16) are underdogs (by 8 points) to stop a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Phoenix Suns (11-9) on Friday, February 5, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is 215.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Detroit has won nine of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against Phoenix. The Pistons also hold a 3-0 advantage against the spread when taking on the Suns.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/8/2021||Suns||Pistons||-7.5||216||-312||248||Regular Season||110-105 DET|
|2/28/2020||Suns||Suns||-9||217.5||-387||306||Regular Season||113-111 DET|
|2/5/2020||Suns||Pistons||-3||217.5||-149||125||Regular Season||116-108 DET|
|3/21/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-98 DET|
|11/25/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-107 DET|
|3/20/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-88 DET|
|11/29/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-107 DET|
|3/19/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-95 DET|
|11/9/2016||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-100 PHO|
|12/2/2015||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-122 DET|
Suns Betting Information
- Against the spread, Phoenix has been strong this season, posting an 11-9 record.
- The Suns have posted a losing record of 0-2 against the spread when the spread is -8 or bigger.
- Phoenix has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 8 times in 20 contests (40%).
Pistons Betting Information
- Detroit has a winning record against the spread, going 11-9-1 ATS (covering 52.4% of the time).
- In most of Detroit’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (12 out of 21 games, 57.1%).
- The Suns and their opponents have combined to score more than 215.5 points in 50% of their outings this year (10 of 20 opportunities).
- Detroit and its opponents have combined to score more than 215.5 points in 13 of 21 outings (61.9%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 218.1 points per game, 2.6 more points than the total of 215.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 221.2 points per game, 5.7 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The Suns’ average point total in matchups this year is 218.2, 2.7 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average over/under for Pistons games this year is 5.5 more points than the point total of 215.5 in this outing.
- Devin Booker leads the Suns in scoring, averaging 23.1 points per game.
- Phoenix is led in rebounding by Deandre Ayton’s 12.7 rebounds per game and assisting by Chris Paul’s 8.5 assists per game .
- The Suns are led by Jae Crowder from long distance. He knocks down 2.4 shots from deep per game.
- Phoenix’s blocks leader is Ayton, who records 1.1 per game. Paul leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a game.
- Jerami Grant outpaced his teammates on the Pistons scoring front by putting up 23.7 points per game. He adds 5.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game this season.
- Mason Plumlee (8.8 rebounds per game) and Delon Wright (4.4 assists per game) are the Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Wayne Ellington makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pistons, averaging 3.1 treys per game.
- Wright is at the top of Detroit’s steals hierarchy with 1.3 steals per game and Grant leads the squad in blocks with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title