The Minnesota Timberwolves (7-27) are heavy underdogs (+10) in their attempt to break a seven-game losing streak when they host the Phoenix Suns (21-11) at 9:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 28, 2021 at Target Center. The matchup airs on FS-N. The point total is 226 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Phoenix and Minnesota have each won five of their last 10 head-to-head matchups. The Suns hold a 2-0 edge against the spread when matched up with the Timberwolves.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/9/2019||Suns||Suns||-3.5||234||-162||135||Regular Season||125-109 PHO|
|11/23/2019||Timberwolves||Timberwolves||-4.5||234||-185||156||Regular Season||100-98 PHO|
|1/22/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-91 MIN|
|1/20/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-114 MIN|
|12/15/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-99 PHO|
|12/23/2017||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-106 MIN|
|12/16/2017||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-106 PHO|
|11/26/2017||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-108 MIN|
|11/11/2017||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-110 PHO|
|1/24/2017||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-111 MIN|
Suns Betting Information
- Phoenix is solid against the spread, going 21-11 on the season.
- The Suns have posted a winning record of 1-0 against the spread when the spread is -10 or bigger.
- Phoenix and its opponents have hit the total 16 times in 32 contests this season.
Timberwolves Betting Information
- Minnesota has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 12-19-2 ATS.
- Minnesota has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 51.5% of matchups this season (17 out of 33 chances).
- In 12 of 32 opportunities (37.5%) this season, the Suns and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s point total of 226 points.
- Minnesota has played in 18 games this year (out of 34 total matchups — 52.9% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 226 points.
- The Suns and the Timberwolves combine to average 4.4 less points per game than the total of 226 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 224.1 points per game, 1.9 fewer than the over/under in this game.
- The Suns’ average point total in outings this year is 220.9, 5.1 points below the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Timberwolves this season is 1.2 points less than this game’s over/under.
- Devin Booker leads the Suns in scoring, putting up 24.9 points per game.
- Phoenix is led in rebounding by Deandre Ayton’s 11.7 rebounds per game and assisting by Chris Paul’s 8.8 assists per game .
- Jae Crowder is the top three-point shooter for the Suns, connecting on 2.4 per game.
- Paul leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Ayton collects 1.1 blocks an outing to pace Phoenix.
- Karl-Anthony Towns leads the team in both scoring (22.5 points per game) and rebounding (10.7 rebounds per game).
- Ricky Rubio puts in work handing out assists and is Minnesota’s assist leader with 6.3 per game.
- D’Angelo Russell leads the Timberwolves in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.0 made threes per game.
- Minnesota’s Rubio has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Towns is first in blocks with 1.9 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA News & Rumors: Tony Ronzone Fired, Terry Stotts On The Hot Seat & LaMelo Ball Soon to Be Back
- Los Angeles Clippers vs. Portland Trail Blazers | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis
- Brooklyn Nets vs New Orleans Pelicans | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis
- NBA 2021 Power Rankings for Week 18 Expert Analysis
- Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Lakers | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis