The Phoenix Suns (11-8) will look to extend a three-game win streak when they visit the New Orleans Pelicans (7-12) on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at Smoothie King Center as just 2.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 9:30 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s point total is set at 223.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head meetings, New Orleans has a 6-4 record against Phoenix. The Suns have an advantage against the spread (2-1) when squaring off against the Pelicans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/29/2020||Suns||Suns||-2||222||-130||108||Regular Season||111-86 PHO|
|12/5/2019||Pelicans||Pelicans||-4||235.5||-178||148||Regular Season||139-132 PHO|
|11/21/2019||Suns||Suns||-3.5||234||-163||136||Regular Season||124-121 NO|
|4/5/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||133-126 PHO|
|3/16/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||138-136 PHO|
|3/1/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-116 NO|
|11/10/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-99 NO|
|4/6/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-103 NO|
|2/26/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-116 NO|
|11/24/2017||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-91 NO|
Suns Betting Information
- Phoenix has been good against the spread this season, posting an 11-8 record.
- The Suns have posted a losing record of 3-5 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or bigger.
- Phoenix and its opponents have converted the over just 7 times in 19 (36.8%) games this season.
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has a losing record against the spread, going 7-12 ATS (covering only 36.8% of the time).
- The Pelicans have not fared well as a 2.5-point underdog, going 3-5 against the spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- New Orleans has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 63.2% of matchups this year (12 out of 19 opportunities).
- In five of 19 opportunities (26.3%) this year, the Suns and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 223 points.
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to score at least 223 points in 10 of 19 outings (52.6%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 220.9 points per game, 2.1 less points than the total of 223 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.4 less points per game (220.6) than this game’s total of 223 points.
- The Suns’ average point total in outings this year is 217.9, 5.1 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Pelicans this year is 0.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- Devin Booker leads the Suns in scoring, putting up 22.9 points per game.
- Chris Paul leads Phoenix with 8.7 assists a game and Deandre Ayton paces the team with 12.8 rebounds per outing.
- Jae Crowder hits 2.4 threes per game to lead the Suns.
- Paul leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Ayton collects 1.1 blocks an outing to pace Phoenix.
- The Pelicans leader in scoring is Zion Williamson with 23.5 points per game. He also adds 7.6 rebounds per game and 2.3 assists per game.
- The New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists are Steven Adams (9.8 rebounds per game) and Lonzo Ball (4.8 assists per game).
- Ball makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pelicans, averaging 2.4 treys per game.
- Ball is at the top of New Orleans’ steals hierarchy with 1.5 steals per game and Brandon Ingram leads the squad in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NBA Update – Mar. 4th Edition
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Miami Heat vs. New Orleans Pelicans: 3/4/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- 2021 NBA All Star Game Expert Analysis
- NBA 2021 Player Power Rankings Analysis Update Mar. 3rd