In the Eastern Conference, we are finally starting to see some separation at the top, with 5 teams starting to pull away from the pack. They are still close enough that the teams sitting below them can keep the pace, which is what the Detroit Pistons and Charlotte Hornets will be looking to do on Friday night. The Pistons are 7 games out of the lead, while the Hornets are a half-game behind their Friday night opponent.
This is a match-up that the Hornets have had the best of in the last couple of season, winning 4 straight against the Pistons, including both previous meetings this season. With that in mind, it’s probably no real surprise that Charlotte is in as a 4 ½ point favorite for this one, with the point total set at 218 ½.
Pistons vs Hornets NBA Odds & Expert Prediction
“We’ve got to keep the faith in our shooting, step in with confidence and conviction and good things will happen.”Coach Casey’s faith in our three point shooting remains unshakeable, @Keith_Langlois writes. It’s today’s Trending: https://t.co/kTmYrsuLOh pic.twitter.com/oCzSjcM61j — Detroit Pistons (@DetroitPistons) 20 de diciembre de 2018
- When: Friday, December 21 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Spectrum Center, Charlotte
- TV: NBA Network
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Charlotte Hornets -4.5 (Total 218.5)
- All: Detroit Pistons 15-14 / Charlotte Hornets 15-15
- Home: Detroit Pistons 10-7 / Charlotte Hornets 11-7
- Away: Detroit Pistons 5-7 / Charlotte Hornets 4-8
- ATS: Detroit Pistons 15-13-1 / Charlotte Hornets 16-14
- Over/Under: Detroit Pistons 14-15 / Charlotte Hornets 16-14
Why bet on the Detroit Pistons?
The Pistons were able to break out of a 6-game losing skid last week and are now on a run where they have won 2 of their last 3 games. Where the Pistons have been good of late is against the spread, as they have now covered in each of their last 4 games.
As the underdog this season, they have gone 10-6-1 ATS, and are 6-3 ATS when installed as the road underdog. Over the last 10 games, it has been the UNDER that has been the most common outcome for the Pistons, with no less than 10 of their games going that direction. While not great, their road record certainly isn’t terrible at 5-7 SU.
- Total Score: 109.66
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.69
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.93
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.06
- Total Rebounds: 47.41
- Total Score: 110.31
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.28
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.73
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.31
- Total Rebounds: 44.59
Why bet on the Charlotte Hornets?
As we mentioned earlier, the Hornets have already taken a pair of games from the Pistons this season, although the last one played in Charlotte saw them separated by just a single point. The Hornets have had a problem maintaining any level of consistency, going through small winning streaks before succumbing to short losing streaks.
That has led them to a 5-5 record over their last 10 games and made it tough for them to move up in the conference. Covering the spread has not been something that Charlotte has done very often of late, covering just 3 times in their last 10 games. They are 6-8 ATS when in as a home favorite and have seen 7 of their last 10 games go OVER.
- Total Score: 113.67
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.62
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.58
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.03
- Total Rebounds: 44.10
- Total Score: 111.40
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.35
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.93
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.76
- Total Rebounds: 46.20
Latest Pistons vs Hornets NBA Betting Trends
- Detroit is 3-5-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- Detroit is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Detroit’s last 11 games
- Charlotte is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Charlotte is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Charlotte’s last 7 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction
It’s tough to bet against Charlotte given the recent success that they have had against the Detroit Pistons, which is why I am on them to win again on Friday night. I also like them to cover, and I think we will see the total slip OVER.Score: Detroit Pistons 108 – Charlotte Hornets 114