A game after he went off for 31 points in an 116-106 win over the Pistons, Stephen Curry leads the Golden State Warriors (2-2) at home against the Portland Trail Blazers (2-2) on Friday, January 1, 2021. The Warriors are underdogs by 3.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 10:30 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup’s point total is set at 231.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Golden State has a 6-4 record in the last 10 head-to-head matchups against Portland. The Warriors have an advantage against the spread as well (2-1) when hitting the court against the Trail Blazers.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/20/2020||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-7||221.5||-313||253||Regular Season||129-124 POR|
|12/18/2019||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-9.5||220.5||-478||371||Regular Season||122-112 POR|
|11/4/2019||Trail Blazers||Warriors||-11.5||220.5||-839||588||Regular Season||127-118 GS|
|5/20/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Playoffs||119-117 GS|
|5/18/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Playoffs||110-99 GS|
|2/13/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-107 POR|
|12/29/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-105 GS|
|12/27/2018||–||Warriors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-109 POR|
Trail Blazers Betting Information
- Portland covered in just 34 of 80 matchups last season.
- The Trail Blazers posted a losing record of 12-15 against the spread when the spread was -3.5 or bigger.
- More often than not, Portland and its foes united to hit the over, cashing in on 46 of 80 chances last season.
Warriors Betting Information
- Golden State covered the spread in fewer than half of its games, going 31-33-1 ATS.
- The Warriors fared well as a 3.5-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they were at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Golden State’s games last year, the teams did not hit the over (30 out of 65 games, 46.2%).
- The Trail Blazers and their opponents scored at least 231 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 42 of 80 games (52.5%) last year.
- In 22 of 65 opportunities (33.8%) last season, Golden State combined with its opponents to score more than 231 points.
- These teams averaged a combined 220.9 points per game last year, 10.1 less points than the over/under of 231 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 0.3 more points per game last season (231.3) than this matchup’s total of 231 points.
- The Trail Blazers’ average point total in matchups last year was 230.9, 0.1 points below the total in this game.
- The average over/under in Warriors games last year was 9.6 less points than the point total of 231 in this outing.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Damian Lillard put up 30.0 points per game last season while also adding 8.0 assists.
- Robert Covington grabbed 8.0 rebounds per game.
- Lillard was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 4.1 per game.
- Covington averaged 1.7 steals and 1.0 block per game.
- Andrew Wiggins racked up 22.4 points per game last season.
- Kelly Oubre Jr. collected 6.4 rebounds a game and Draymond Green dished out 6.2 assists per outing.
- Wiggins was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, hitting 2.2 per game.
- Green nicked 1.4 steals per game. Marquese Chriss collected 1.1 blocks an outing.