The Portland Trail Blazers (3-2) visit the Golden State Warriors (2-3) as 5-point favorites after Damian Lillard went off for 34 points in the Trail Blazers’ 123-98 victory over the Warriors. The game airs on NBA TV at 8:30 PM ET on Sunday, January 3, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at 234.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head meetings, Golden State has a 6-4 record against Portland.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/1/2021||Trail Blazers||Warriors||-3.5||238||-160||133||Regular Season||123-98 POR|
|1/20/2020||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-7||221.5||-313||253||Regular Season||129-124 POR|
|12/18/2019||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-9.5||220.5||-478||371||Regular Season||122-112 POR|
|11/4/2019||Trail Blazers||Warriors||-11.5||220.5||-839||588||Regular Season||127-118 GS|
|5/20/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Playoffs||119-117 GS|
|5/18/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Playoffs||110-99 GS|
|2/13/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-107 POR|
|12/29/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-105 GS|
Trail Blazers Betting Information
- Portland has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 2-3 record.
- The Trail Blazers have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 5 points.
- Portland has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 2 times in 5 contests (40%).
Warriors Betting Information
- Golden State has covered the spread in less than half of its games, going 1-4 ATS.
- Golden State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 2 of 5 (40%).
- In 760% of their games this year (38 of five chances), the Trail Blazers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 234 points.
- In two of five opportunities (40%) this season, Golden State and its opponents have combined to score more than 234 points.
- These teams average a combined 222.4 points per game, 11.6 fewer points than the total of 234 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 239.8 points per game, 5.8 more than the over/under in this game.
- The Trail Blazers’ average point total in matchups this year is 230, four points below the total in this game.
- Warriors games this season have averaged a total of 232.2 points, 1.8 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- The Trail Blazers scoring leader is CJ McCollum, who puts up 28.0 points per game.
- Portland is led in rebounding by Enes Kanter’s 8.6 rebounds per game and assisting by Lillard’s 6.6 assists per game .
- The Trail Blazers are led by McCollum from long distance. He knocks down 5.2 shots from deep per game.
- Robert Covington averages 1.6 steals and 0.8 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for Portland.
- Stephen Curry takes the top spot on the Warriors scoring and assist lists, tallying 26.4 points and 6.6 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Kelly Oubre Jr. is the Golden State leader with 6.4 per game.
- Curry is tops from three-point range for the Warriors, hitting 3.6 threes per game.
- Golden State’s Oubre has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.6 per game and James Wiseman is first in blocks with 1.6 per game.