The Minnesota Timberwolves (2-5) are heavily favored (-10) to break a five-game loaing streak when they visit the Portland Trail Blazers (3-4) at 10:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at Moda Center. The contest airs on NBCS-NW. The over/under is set at 232 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Portland has a 6-4 record in the last 10 head-to-head games against Minnesota.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2020||Trail Blazers||Timberwolves||-1||224||-113||-107||Regular Season||116-102 MIN|
|12/21/2019||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-6.5||228||-282||228||Regular Season||113-106 POR|
|4/1/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-122 POR|
|12/8/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-105 POR|
|11/16/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-96 MIN|
|11/4/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-81 POR|
|3/1/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-99 POR|
|1/24/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-114 POR|
|1/14/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-103 MIN|
|12/18/2017||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-107 MIN|
Trail Blazers Betting Information
- Portland has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 2-5 record.
- Portland and its opponents have converted the over just 3 times in 7 (42.9%) games this season.
Timberwolves Betting Information
- Minnesota has covered the spread in fewer than half of its contests, going 3-4 ATS.
- In most of Minnesota’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (3 out of 7 games, 42.9%).
- In 40 of seven games (571.4%) this season, the Trail Blazers and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s point total of 232 points.
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score more than 232 points in three of seven opportunities (42.9%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 10 fewer points per game (222) than this matchup’s total of 232 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.1 more points per game (238.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 232 points.
- The Trail Blazers’ average point total in outings this year is 232.6, 0.6 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Timberwolves this season is 4.4 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- CJ McCollum leads the Trail Blazers in scoring, averaging 27.7 points per game.
- Enes Kanter paces Portland with 9.3 rebounds a game and Damian Lillard leads the squad with 6.6 assists per contest.
- McCollum hits 4.9 threes per game to lead the Trail Blazers.
- Portland’s blocks leader is Jusuf Nurkic, who records 0.9 per game. McCollum leads the team averaging 1.9 steals a contest.
- D’Angelo Russell’s excellent performances this season give him the top spot on the Timberwolves scoring and assists leaderboards with 19.1 points per game and 5.4 assists per game.
- Jarrett Culver’s 6.3 rebounds per game paces Minnesota’s rebounding effort. He also adds 8.6 points per game.
- Russell is tops from three-point range for the Timberwolves, knocking down 3.0 threes per game.
- Nobody on Minnesota grabs more steals than Jarred Vanderbilt (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Naz Reid (0.9 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title