Northwest Division foes meet when the Portland Trail Blazers (0-0) host the Utah Jazz (0-0) at Moda Center, beginning at 10:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 23, 2020. The Jazz are 1-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 229.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Portland and Utah have each won five of their last 10 head-to-head matchups. The Trail Blazers have a 2-1 record against the spread when taking on the Jazz.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/7/2020||Jazz||Jazz||-11||229.5||-593||442||Regular Season||117-114 UTA|
|2/1/2020||Jazz||Trail Blazers||-6||227.5||-244||200||Regular Season||124-107 POR|
|12/26/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-5.5||221.5||-220||179||Regular Season||121-115 UTA|
|1/30/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-105 POR|
|1/21/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-104 POR|
|12/25/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-96 UTA|
|12/21/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-90 UTA|
|4/11/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-93 POR|
|2/23/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-81 POR|
|2/11/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-96 UTA|
Trail Blazers Betting Information
- Portland covered in just 34 of 80 matchups last season.
- When favored by at least 1 points, the Trail Blazers struggled to a 19-20-1 record ATS last season.
- In 46 of 80 (57.5%) contests last season, Portland and its opponents hit the over.
Jazz Betting Information
- Utah had a losing record against the spread, going 36-42-1 ATS (covering only 45.6% of the time).
- When they were at least 1-point underdogs, the Jazz fared well, going 26-32-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Utah’s games this year, the teams combined to hit the over (43 out of 79 games, 54.4%).
- In 43 of 80 outings (53.8%) last year, the Trail Blazers and their opponents put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 229 points.
- Utah and its opponents added up to score more than 229 points in 36.7% of their games last year (29 of 79 opportunities).
- The two teams averaged a combined 2.9 fewer points per game last season (226.1) than this game’s over/under of 229 points.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 3.8 less points per game last season (225.2) than this matchup’s total of 229 points.
- The Trail Blazers’ average point total in outings last year was 230.9, 1.9 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Jazz games last year averaged an over/under of 220.4 points, 8.6 less than the point total in this matchup.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Damian Lillard scored 30.0 points per game and dished out 8.0 assists per contest last season.
- Robert Covington grabbed 8.0 rebounds per game.
- Lillard had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He hit 4.1 shots from deep per game.
- Covington recorded 1.7 steals and 1.0 block per game.
- Donovan Mitchell averaged 24.0 points per game last season.
- Rudy Gobert collected 13.5 rebounds per game and Joe Ingles dished out 5.2 assists per outing.
- Bojan Bogdanovic had a strong showing from long distance a season ago. He connected on 3.0 shots from deep per game.
- Mitchell grabbed 1.0 steal per game. Gobert collected 2.0 blocks a game.