The Toronto Raptors worked hard in the regular season to earn home court advantage going into the playoff, but that has all been wiped out by losing both games at home to the Washington Wizards. The Wizards appear to have found their great form from earlier in the year, and were great NBA betting value for both of their wins on the road.
For the Raptors to be successful, they are going to need Kyle Lowry going at full speed. The problem there is that he has had back issues going back several weeks, and then had to leave Game 2 with a shin injury. While Lowry has struggled, the bench has done a good job of stepping up, with Lou Williams being particularly effective. Jonas Valanciunas and DeMar DeRozan have also been playing their part, but without Lowry acting as the cog, this is a team wheel that really doesn’t spin all that well. One of the biggest issues that the Raptors have faced during the first two games of the series has been their inability to slow down John Wall. If they cannot find a way to stop the big man, this is a series that could be over very, very quickly.
While the Raptors are forced to rely on the offensive power of Kyle Lowry, the Wizards have shown that they have the ability to do damage on a number of different fronts. Paul Pierce put on a show in Game 1, but when he faltered in Game 2, it was Bradley Beal who stepped up. John Wall was also sensational in Game 2, logging 40 minutes en route to 26 points and 17 assists. Otto Porter was also able to chip in 15 points off the bench, and it is that depth that could propel the Wizards forward against a Toronto team that looks as though it is lacking the guts to put up any sort of fight. Winning both games on the road puts the Wizards in a pretty enviable position, and you can bet that they will be doing all they can to complete the sweep at home.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 19th
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 12th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 5th Edition
- Timberwolves vs Warriors NBA Odds & Expert Pick for Friday Night
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 29th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 22nd Edition
- 2018 NBA Western Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland