Metta World Peace has been working out in the Los Angeles Lakers’ practice facility to the knowledge of NBA betting fans, but the team has not yet reached out regarding a contract. World Peace told the New York Daily News that he and Lakers GM Mitch Kupchack “have a cool relationship but we have not talked about me coming back to the Lakers. I call Mitch about other things. We just have a good relationship. Whether I come to the Lakers or not, me and Mitch would still be cool.” World Peace is not getting a lot of buzz out there, and it’s likely that he won’t be invited to any training camps.
Kobe Bryant should be cleared to play when training camp opens. He has worked hard to rehabilitate his right rotator cuff tear. Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak told USA Today, “My understanding is that he’ll be ready for camp. Knowing Kobe, he will try to participate in every practice in camp. But myself and (head coach) Byron (Scott) are going to have something to say about that. Som I’m sure there will be a practice or two or three where we won’t let him practice, but I do expect him to be full bore at camp.”
Houston Rockets forward Donatas Motiejunas had back surgery in April and is still unsure if he will be cleared to join in when training camp begins in a couple weeks. He told the Houston Chronicle, “Whenever my doctors tell me I’m ready, I’m going to be ready. Nothing is straight right now. I’m trying to work it day by day, week by week. Just waiting until doctors give me the green light to work. Motiejunas started 62 games last year and could have that role this year, although Rockets head coach Kevin McHale might also use him off the bench at center and power forward.
Jared Dudley also had a back procedure in July, and then he got a timeline of three to four months before he could return to the Washington Wizards. It looks now like Dudley will be cleared to play again in late November. He will be a backup at both of the forward positions when he does come back.
The New Orleans Pelicans are being careful with the return of Jrue Holiday, who has had ongoing issues with his lower right leg. Holiday told the New Orleans Times-Picayune, “It’s always rehab, a lot of maintenance and doing preventive stuff, so this injury won’t come back.” Holiday only appeared in 34 regular season games in 2013-14 and 40 in 2014-15.
The Chicago Bulls start training camp in a couple of weeks, and Taj Gibson wants doctors to clear him, but that might not happen. He had surgery in June to repair a torn ligament in his left ankle. He told the Chicago Tribune, “The doctors said with more reps and running, it will get stronger. I’m in good shape. The doctor told me I’m ahead of schedule. But he doesn’t want me to rush. Gibson remains the primary man off the bench with Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol starting ahead of him.
Sports & Betting Topics
- Timberwolves vs Suns NBA Week 15 Odds & Game Preview
- Kings vs Raptors NBA Betting Odds & Game Prediction
- ESPN: Houston Rockets trade Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – January 21st Edition
- Warriors vs Lakers NBA Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Warriors vs Clippers NBA Spread & Expert Pick
- Pelicans vs Trail Blazers NBA Lines & Betting Prediction
- Heat vs Pistons NBA Odds & Game Preview
- Bulls vs Nuggets NBA Spread & Expert Preview
- Kings vs Hornets NBA Lines & Betting Analysis
- 76ers vs Pacers NBA Odds & Game Prediction
- Lakers vs Thunder NBA Week 14 Betting Lines & Expert Pick
- Jazz at Clippers NBA Lines & Analysis for Wednesday Night
- Raptors at Celtics NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Spurs vs Mavericks NBA Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Warriors vs Nuggets NBA Week 14 Betting Lines & Pick
- How to Bet Heat vs Bucks NBA Spread & Expert Pick
- Timberwolves vs 76ers NBA Odds & Expert Prediction
- Updated NBA Championship Odds – January 14th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – January 14th
- How to Bet Nets at Raptors NBA Spread & Betting Pick
- Hawks vs 76ers NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Lakers vs Jazz NBA Week 13 Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Celtics vs Heat NBA Odds & Expert Prediction
- Pistons vs Kings NBA Betting Lines & Game Preview
- How to Bet Thunder vs Spurs NBA Week 13 Spread & Pick
- Clippers at Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Pacers at Celtics NBA Week 13 Odds & Analysis
- Bucks vs Rockets NBA Spread & Pick for Wednesday Night
- Pistons at Lakers NBA Betting Lines & Game Analysis