Metta World Peace has been working out in the Los Angeles Lakers’ practice facility to the knowledge of NBA betting fans, but the team has not yet reached out regarding a contract. World Peace told the New York Daily News that he and Lakers GM Mitch Kupchack “have a cool relationship but we have not talked about me coming back to the Lakers. I call Mitch about other things. We just have a good relationship. Whether I come to the Lakers or not, me and Mitch would still be cool.” World Peace is not getting a lot of buzz out there, and it’s likely that he won’t be invited to any training camps.
Kobe Bryant should be cleared to play when training camp opens. He has worked hard to rehabilitate his right rotator cuff tear. Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak told USA Today, “My understanding is that he’ll be ready for camp. Knowing Kobe, he will try to participate in every practice in camp. But myself and (head coach) Byron (Scott) are going to have something to say about that. Som I’m sure there will be a practice or two or three where we won’t let him practice, but I do expect him to be full bore at camp.”
Houston Rockets forward Donatas Motiejunas had back surgery in April and is still unsure if he will be cleared to join in when training camp begins in a couple weeks. He told the Houston Chronicle, “Whenever my doctors tell me I’m ready, I’m going to be ready. Nothing is straight right now. I’m trying to work it day by day, week by week. Just waiting until doctors give me the green light to work. Motiejunas started 62 games last year and could have that role this year, although Rockets head coach Kevin McHale might also use him off the bench at center and power forward.
Jared Dudley also had a back procedure in July, and then he got a timeline of three to four months before he could return to the Washington Wizards. It looks now like Dudley will be cleared to play again in late November. He will be a backup at both of the forward positions when he does come back.
The New Orleans Pelicans are being careful with the return of Jrue Holiday, who has had ongoing issues with his lower right leg. Holiday told the New Orleans Times-Picayune, “It’s always rehab, a lot of maintenance and doing preventive stuff, so this injury won’t come back.” Holiday only appeared in 34 regular season games in 2013-14 and 40 in 2014-15.
The Chicago Bulls start training camp in a couple of weeks, and Taj Gibson wants doctors to clear him, but that might not happen. He had surgery in June to repair a torn ligament in his left ankle. He told the Chicago Tribune, “The doctors said with more reps and running, it will get stronger. I’m in good shape. The doctor told me I’m ahead of schedule. But he doesn’t want me to rush. Gibson remains the primary man off the bench with Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol starting ahead of him.
Join for Free
Topics, Sports & Betting Info
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
More Betting Articles
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals Odds: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Betting Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s Short List
- NBA Betting Odds & Super Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State at the NBA Odds for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA Odds & Pick
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2 Odds
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors NBA Odds & Pick
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland
- Warriors at Rockets Game 5 NBA Odds & Betting Preview
- Celtics are Slight NBA Betting Favorites for Game 5 Against the Cavs
- 2018 Playoffs Prediction: Rockets at Warriors NBA Lines & Game 4 Pick
- Updated NBA Championship Odds – May 21st Edition
- Celtics at Cavaliers NBA Odds & Game 4 Info – May 21st
- 2018 Eastern Conference Finals Game 3 NBA Odds: Celtics vs. Cavs
- Rockets at Warriors NBA Lines & Preview for Game 3 – May 20th
- Are the Rockets a Safe NBA Betting Pick to Win the 2018 Championship?
- Are the Cavaliers a Safe NBA Betting Pick to Win the 2018 Championship?
- Top NBA Betting Props for the 2018 Eastern Conference Finals
- Warriors at Rockets NBA Odds & Playoffs Preview for Game 2
- Are the Warriors a Safe NBA Betting Pick to Win the 2018 Championship?