Unless you own the No.1 pick, you can’t always get what you want in the NBA draft. Look at the Philadelphia 76ers, for example, who had the opportunity of picking as high as third in the 2015 Draft, yet they could not get their wish of selecting D’Angelo Russell, who was snatched off the board by the Lakers who had the No. 2 pick. At the end of the day though, only three major things matter—the NBA odds of who wins their divisional title, who qualifies for the playoffs and who wins it all in the national finals.Justise Winslow, a highly-rated athlete from Duke with solid shooting skills and great defense abilities, easily fell down to them in the first round. And as if that was not good enough for them, they also snatched Josh Richardson (an all-rounded sharpshooting guard from Tennessee) in the second round of the draft.Looking at the fairly easy East conference, the Cavs look like the crop of the conference, even if they won’t be able to retain all their free agents. For the rest of the “top teams”, it is a state of constant flux, with the Hawks likely to lose DeMarre Carroll and/or Paul Millsap, the Bulls undergoing coaching changes, the Wizards not looking short on experience, the Raptors beingsickeningly imbalanced (especially with a poor defense), and the trio of Celtics, Bucks and Pacers looking more like championship pretenders than contenders. If the Heat can convince Wade and Goran Dragic to return to the team, and then get a couple of experienced players in the free agency, then there is no doubt that the Heat could rise as high as challenging the Cavs for the top spot in the East. Plus, with their solid history of shining in the playoffs, there is no reason why they shouldn’t be able to make another push in the 2015-16 NBA season. Prospectively, the Heat should not only be able to rise their stock in the NBA odds, but they should also be able to give a solid showing, one that is good enough for them to challenge in winning it all, especially if they can keep their core players from dissipating in the free agency.SourcesCBSsports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25163810/report-sixers-want-dangelo-russell-in-the-draft%22)ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3135047/justise-winslow)
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Sixers Are Open to Offers for Simmons
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 4 Lines | Milwaukee Looks to Even NBA Finals
- NBA Rumors: Rockets set to trade John Wall?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Wizards May Trade Bradley Beal
- Bucks vs Suns Game 2: NBA Odds Overview | Suns Eye 2-0 Finals Lead
- NBA 2021 Draft Betting Predictions & Rumor Mill Update
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Will Giannis Be Ready for the Finals?
- NBA Rumors | Will Kawhi Leonard return to Clippers next season?
- Hawks vs Bucks: NBA Odds and Preview | Will Giannis or Trae Play Game 5?