Training camp is still a ways off in the National Basketball Association. However, teams are now having to find ways to get their rosters down to 15 while still maintaining the most competitive roster they can – all while preparing for a cap that will blow up NEXT year. So here are some of the latest NBA betting rumors from the Association.he is clear to work with the team. Head coach Alvin Genrtry told the New Orleans Times-Picayune last week, “What I think we’re trying to do is not push him anywhere. We’re going to monitor his practices. I doubt there will be a situation where we’ll let him go two-a-days. It just doesn’t make sense right now.” The Pelicans are also considering Quincy Pondexter, but he may not be medically clared from knee surgery until November.The Brooklyn Nets chose forward Chris McCullough in the 2015 NBA draft with the #29 pick, although they knew that he might not do much for them this year. He tore his right ACL back on January 11, and normally those tears require a year before you appear on the court again. He has long-term designs on playing well for Brooklyn, so there is no rush on his recovery timetable.The Cleveland Cavaliers re-signed shooting guard J.R. Smith to a two-year deal worth $10.37 million. According to various news outlets, he has a $5 million salary guaranteed for this season. In 2016-17, he can earn a minimum of $5.3 million on a player option, but only $2.1 million is guaranteed. He also has to tell the Cavs about a week before the 2016 draft if he wants to pick up that player option. At that time, the $2.1 million becomes guaranteed, but the rest doesn’t become guaranteed until September 7, 2016. Before them, the Cavaliers can cut him without paying him more than the $2.1 million. The purpose of this is to motivate him to keep working to be the right fit for Cleveland.The Washington Wizards have not made much progress in their attempt to ink Bradley Beal to an extension, but representatives for both sides have been on respective vacations. There could be a deal in place before the November 2 deadline, but they might wait until the next off-season, as the team will have more salary cap room to sign him as a restricted free agent. In July, the Wizards are also expected to pursue Kevin Durant hard. They will give themselves room to give Durant a max deal and bring in another free agent – and then still sign Beal. The Spurs did the same thing with Kawhi Leonard last year, and that allowed them to bring in LaMarcus Aldridge this year as well as most of their own free agents.
Join for Free
Topics, Sports & Betting Info
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
More Betting Articles
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals Odds: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Betting Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s Short List
- NBA Betting Odds & Super Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State at the NBA Odds for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA Odds & Pick
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2 Odds
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors NBA Odds & Pick
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland
- Warriors at Rockets Game 5 NBA Odds & Betting Preview
- Celtics are Slight NBA Betting Favorites for Game 5 Against the Cavs
- 2018 Playoffs Prediction: Rockets at Warriors NBA Lines & Game 4 Pick
- Updated NBA Championship Odds – May 21st Edition
- Celtics at Cavaliers NBA Odds & Game 4 Info – May 21st
- 2018 Eastern Conference Finals Game 3 NBA Odds: Celtics vs. Cavs
- Rockets at Warriors NBA Lines & Preview for Game 3 – May 20th
- Are the Rockets a Safe NBA Betting Pick to Win the 2018 Championship?
- Are the Cavaliers a Safe NBA Betting Pick to Win the 2018 Championship?
- Top NBA Betting Props for the 2018 Eastern Conference Finals
- Warriors at Rockets NBA Odds & Playoffs Preview for Game 2
- Are the Warriors a Safe NBA Betting Pick to Win the 2018 Championship?