A game after he exploded for 31 points in a 122-120 win over the Pistons, Jaylen Brown leads the Boston Celtics (4-3) on the road against the Toronto Raptors (1-4) on Monday, January 4, 2021. The Celtics are underdogs by 2.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 7:30 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The point total for the matchup is 215.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Boston has taken six of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with Toronto. The Celtics have an advantage against the spread as well (7-3) when taking the court against the Raptors.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/7/2020||Raptors||Raptors||-1.5||221.5||-125||105||Regular Season||122-100 BOS|
|12/28/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-7||216||-307||246||Regular Season||113-97 TOR|
|12/25/2019||Celtics||Raptors||-4||213||-183||151||Regular Season||118-102 BOS|
Raptors Betting Information
- Toronto has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 1-4 record.
- The Raptors have struggled to cover, going just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- Toronto and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 2 of 5 games this season (40%).
Celtics Betting Information
- Boston has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 2-4 ATS.
- When they play as at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Celtics have a record ATS of 1-3.
- Boston has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 57.1% of matchups this year (4 out of 7 chances).
- The Raptors and their opponents have combined for 215 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 46 of five games (920%) this year.
- In six of seven games (85.7%) this season, Boston has combined with its opponents to score at least 215 points.
- The two teams average a combined one more point per game (216) than this matchup’s over/under of 215 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 219.3 points per game, 4.3 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The average total the Raptors have had set in games this season is 3.6 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Celtics this season is 8.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- Fred VanVleet leads the Raptors in scoring, putting up 19.2 points per game.
- Toronto is led in rebounding by OG Anunoby’s 6.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Kyle Lowry’s 8.2 assists per game .
- VanVleet is the top three-point shooter for the Raptors, knocking down 3.4 per game.
- Anunoby leads the team with 2.2 steals per game. Chris Boucher collects 2.2 blocks a contest to pace Toronto.
- Brown outpaced his teammates on the Celtics scoring front by putting up 28.0 points per game. He adds 4.6 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game this season.
- Tristan Thompson (9.0 rebounds per game) and Marcus Smart (6.7 assists per game) are the Boston leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Jayson Tatum leads the Celtics in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.1 made threes per game.
- Boston’s Jeff Teague has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.7 per game and Robert Williams III is first in blocks with 1.5 per game.