A game after he exploded for 31 points in a 122-120 win over the Pistons, Jaylen Brown leads the Boston Celtics (4-3) on the road against the Toronto Raptors (1-4) on Monday, January 4, 2021. The Celtics are underdogs by 2.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 7:30 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The point total for the matchup is 215.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Boston has taken six of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with Toronto. The Celtics have an advantage against the spread as well (7-3) when taking the court against the Raptors.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/7/2020||Raptors||Raptors||-1.5||221.5||-125||105||Regular Season||122-100 BOS|
|12/28/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-7||216||-307||246||Regular Season||113-97 TOR|
|12/25/2019||Celtics||Raptors||-4||213||-183||151||Regular Season||118-102 BOS|
Raptors Betting Information
- Toronto has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 1-4 record.
- The Raptors have struggled to cover, going just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- Toronto and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 2 of 5 games this season (40%).
Celtics Betting Information
- Boston has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 2-4 ATS.
- When they play as at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Celtics have a record ATS of 1-3.
- Boston has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 57.1% of matchups this year (4 out of 7 chances).
- The Raptors and their opponents have combined for 215 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 46 of five games (920%) this year.
- In six of seven games (85.7%) this season, Boston has combined with its opponents to score at least 215 points.
- The two teams average a combined one more point per game (216) than this matchup’s over/under of 215 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 219.3 points per game, 4.3 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The average total the Raptors have had set in games this season is 3.6 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Celtics this season is 8.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- Fred VanVleet leads the Raptors in scoring, putting up 19.2 points per game.
- Toronto is led in rebounding by OG Anunoby’s 6.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Kyle Lowry’s 8.2 assists per game .
- VanVleet is the top three-point shooter for the Raptors, knocking down 3.4 per game.
- Anunoby leads the team with 2.2 steals per game. Chris Boucher collects 2.2 blocks a contest to pace Toronto.
- Brown outpaced his teammates on the Celtics scoring front by putting up 28.0 points per game. He adds 4.6 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game this season.
- Tristan Thompson (9.0 rebounds per game) and Marcus Smart (6.7 assists per game) are the Boston leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Jayson Tatum leads the Celtics in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.1 made threes per game.
- Boston’s Jeff Teague has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.7 per game and Robert Williams III is first in blocks with 1.5 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: 1/23/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Chicago Bulls: 1/23/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Phoenix Suns vs. Denver Nuggets: 1/23/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Jazz vs. Golden State Warriors: 1/23/2021 Betting Trends, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: 1/22/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends