The Rockets, and James Harden in particular, have not been at their best through the first two games of their series versus the Dallas Mavericks, yet they still have a 2-0 lead. Harden and Trevor Ariza both struggled in Game 2 of the series, but the rest of the team were more than willing to pick up the slack. Just as in Game 1, it was Dwight Howard who made the biggest online betting impact on the game, scoring 28 points and playing like a beast on the defensive side of the court.
Houston are going to have to play better moving forward, but chances are that Harden will shake off the mini-slump that he is in. As long as the Rockets continue to be tight defensively, they should be able to continue to hold off anything that the Mavericks throw at them.
Dallas are starting to look like a team in decline for a number of different reasons. Chandler Parsons is obviously not fully fit and ready to play, and while Monta Ellis is logging some serious court time, he isn’t showing a level of efficiency required to get his team back in the series. Another issue that the Mavs are facing is the play of Dirk Nowitzki. He was a solid shooter in Game 1, but fell flat in the second game, as well as being less than stellar on the defensive side of the ball. The Rockets attack seems to be going out of their way to target Nowitzki, and it’s working like a charm.Nowitzki isn’t the only veteran who is beginning to look as though their career is in the wind down phase. Rajon Rondo has been nothing short of awful in the first two games, and he was only on the floor for a total of 10 minutes on Tuesday.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – February 18th
- Midseason NBA Betting Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Thunder vs Pelicans NBA Betting Spread & Game Analysis
- How to Bet Knicks vs Hawks NBA Lines & Expert Pick
- Hornets vs Magic NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Rockets vs Timberwolves NBA Odds, Preview & Pick
- Kings vs Nuggets NBA Betting Odds & Expert Preview
- 2019 NBA Three-Point Contest Odds, Predictions & Picks
- 2019 NBA Slam Dunk Contest Odds, Predictions & Picks
- 2019 NBA All-Star Game Odds, Predictions & Pick
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.