The Rockets, and James Harden in particular, have not been at their best through the first two games of their series versus the Dallas Mavericks, yet they still have a 2-0 lead. Harden and Trevor Ariza both struggled in Game 2 of the series, but the rest of the team were more than willing to pick up the slack. Just as in Game 1, it was Dwight Howard who made the biggest online betting impact on the game, scoring 28 points and playing like a beast on the defensive side of the court.
Houston are going to have to play better moving forward, but chances are that Harden will shake off the mini-slump that he is in. As long as the Rockets continue to be tight defensively, they should be able to continue to hold off anything that the Mavericks throw at them.
Dallas are starting to look like a team in decline for a number of different reasons. Chandler Parsons is obviously not fully fit and ready to play, and while Monta Ellis is logging some serious court time, he isn’t showing a level of efficiency required to get his team back in the series. Another issue that the Mavs are facing is the play of Dirk Nowitzki. He was a solid shooter in Game 1, but fell flat in the second game, as well as being less than stellar on the defensive side of the ball. The Rockets attack seems to be going out of their way to target Nowitzki, and it’s working like a charm.Nowitzki isn’t the only veteran who is beginning to look as though their career is in the wind down phase. Rajon Rondo has been nothing short of awful in the first two games, and he was only on the floor for a total of 10 minutes on Tuesday.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- 2018 NBA Western Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland
- Warriors at Rockets Game 5 NBA Odds & Betting Preview
- Celtics Slight NBA Favorites for Game 5 Against Cavs
- 2018 Playoffs Prediction: Rockets at Warriors NBA Game 4 Pick
- Updated NBA Championship Odds – May 21st Edition
- Celtics at Cavaliers NBA Odds & Game 4 Info – May 21
- 2018 Eastern Conference Finals Game 3 NBA: Celtics vs. Cavs