Northwest Division opponents square off when the Utah Jazz (1-1) visit the Oklahoma City Thunder (1-0) at Chesapeake Energy Arena, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET on Monday, December 28, 2020. The Jazz are 7.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 221.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Oklahoma City has won seven of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with Utah. The Thunder also have a 3-0 advantage against the spread when playing the Jazz.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/1/2020||Thunder||Thunder||-1||218.5||-114||-105||Regular Season||110-94 OKC|
|12/9/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-8.5||206.5||-398||307||Regular Season||104-90 OKC|
|10/23/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-8.5||221.5||-403||310||Regular Season||100-95 UTA|
|3/11/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-89 OKC|
|2/22/2019||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||148-147 OKC|
|12/22/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-106 OKC|
|12/10/2018||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-113 OKC|
Jazz Betting Information
- Utah struggled against the spread, going 36-42-1 last year.
- The Jazz posted a losing record of 10-13 against the spread when the spread was -7.5 or bigger.
- Utah was reliable for the over last season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 43 of 79 games for a 54.4% rate.
Thunder Betting Information
- Oklahoma City covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 46-31-1 ATS.
- When they played as at least 7.5-point underdogs, the Thunder had a record ATS of 2-9.
- In most of Oklahoma City’s games last year, the teams did not hit the over (36 out of 78 games, 46.2%).
- In 50.6% of their games last season (40 of 79 chances), the Jazz and their opponents combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 221 points.
- Oklahoma City played in 33 games last season (out of 79 total matchups — 41.8% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 221 points.
- The Jazz and the Thunder saw their opponents average a combined 3.5 fewer points per game last season than the over/under of 221 set for this outing.
- The Jazz’s average point total in outings last season was 220.4, 0.6 points less than the total in this game.
- Thunder games last year averaged an over/under of 218.5 points, 2.5 less than the point total in this matchup.
- Donovan Mitchell scored 24.0 points per game last season.
- Rudy Gobert collected 13.5 rebounds a game and Joe Ingles dished out 5.2 assists per matchup.
- Bojan Bogdanovic had a solid showing from long distance a season ago. He hit 3.0 shots from deep per game.
- Mitchell averaged 1.0 steal per game. Gobert collected 2.0 blocks a game.
- Al Horford pulled down 6.8 rebounds and added 4.0 assists per game last season.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored 19.0 points per game.
- Trevor Ariza knocked down 1.6 threes per game a season ago.
- Ariza averaged 1.6 steals per game. Horford collected 0.9 blocks an outing.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option