NBA Odds Put Warriors as Favorite to Win Game 6
She may not be singing just yet, but you can bet that the fat lady is warming up as the Warriors head to Cleveland with a chance to become champions on Tuesday night. Down 2-1 in the series and having the NBA odds against them, Golden State convincingly won back to back games, and now have a pair of shots to close things out. You can bet that as much as they would love to win it all at home, they will be looking to finish things up in Game 6.
NBA Playoffs, Game 6 – Warriors lead series 3-2
Date/Time: Tuesday, June 15th, 9:00 PM
Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio
Radio: KNBR 680 AM
The Warriors were pretty lackluster in Games 2 and 3 of the Finals, and much of that was down to the lack of production from Stephen Curry. While you don’t want to lay all of the blame on one guy, the Warriors are simply not where they need to be when the MVP is not going well. Curry finished strong in Game 4, and delivered 37 points in the 104-91 win on Sunday night. It was a huge performance, and one that required Curry to be treated for dehydration after the game. The highlight for Curry was the seven 3-pointers that he drained, with each one acting like a dagger to the heart of a Cavaliers team that is beginning to look like it is running out of gas. We knew that Golden State had the better bench coming in, but they are proving that point by totally dominating play in the 4th quarter.
If you still don’t believe that LeBron James is the best basketball player in the world, you really haven’t been paying any attention to these Finals. James was nothing short of brilliant again in a losing effort on Sunday night. His triple double (40 points, 14 rebounds, and 11 assists) was the second one he has posted in this series. He and the Cavaliers got off to a fast start in Game 5, but their inability to stop the Warriors in the 4th quarter came back to haunt them again. They will more than likely try to bolt out of the gate in Game 6, as they look to get the home crowd into it in a big way. It’s going to be a huge ask for Cleveland to win 2 in a row against this talented Warriors team, but with LeBron on his game, you just never know.
NBA Betting Odds Trends
Golden State Warriors
- Golden State is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Golden State is 19-5 SU in its last 24 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Golden State’s last 17 games
- Golden State is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Golden State is 11-5 SU in its last 16 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Golden State’s last 8 games on the road
- Golden State is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games when playing Cleveland
- Golden State is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games when playing Cleveland
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Golden State’s last 8 games when playing Cleveland
- Golden State is 8-16 ATS in its last 24 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- Golden State is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- Golden State is 8-16 SU in its last 24 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- Cleveland is 16-5 SU in its last 21 games
- Cleveland is 22-3 SU in its last 25 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 6 games at home
- Cleveland is 5-12 ATS in its last 17 games when playing Golden State
- Cleveland is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games when playing Golden State
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Cleveland’s last 8 games when playing Golden State
- Cleveland is 16-8 ATS in its last 24 games when playing at home against Golden State
- Cleveland is 16-8 SU in its last 24 games when playing at home against Golden State
- Cleveland is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Golden State
If the Warriors have proven anything over the past 2 games, it’s that they have a whole lot of heart to match their huge talent. They have proven that they are the better team now, and I think they put an exclamation point on that statement by winning the Championship on Tuesday night.