As we move into the second half of the NBA season, it’s more than a little exciting to see that the conference battles are remaining as tight as they were in the opening weeks of the season. In the Eastern Conference, the Milwaukee Bucks and the Toronto Raptors are playing a game of leapfrog, with each team taking turns spending some time at the top.
There is a similar story unfolding in the Western Conference, although the Denver Nuggets have been doing enough to maintain their hold on the top spot, although the Golden State Warriors are breathing right down their necks, just a half game off the pace being set by the Nuggets. That game of leapfrog that we are seeing in the East could well come into play in the West, as the Warriors could replace the Nuggets with a win in this one. Neither of these two has really dominated the other in recent seasons, so we should expect a close one. The Warriors are in as a 1-point road favorite here, with the point total set at 228 ½.
Warriors vs Nuggets NBA Week 14 Betting Lines & Pick
It’s Game Day!Dubs in Denver for tonight’s action 👊 pic.twitter.com/dJ4mjBGGQX — Golden State Warriors (@warriors) 15 de enero de 2019
- When: Tuesday, January 15 at 9 PM EST
- Where: Pepsi Center, Denver
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Week 14 Betting Lines: Golden State Warriors -1 (Total 228.5)
Why bet on the Golden State Warriors?
The Golden State Warriors have had a bit of an up and down season compared to what we have been used to over the last few seasons, but they are on a very solid run of form right now. The Warriors head into this one on a 4-game winning streak that has taken them to 7-3 in their last 10 games.
Golden State has been money in their own building, and while their road record falls a little short of that home supremacy, they are still sitting 4 games above .500 on the road this season. Where they have struggled is against teams with a winning record, sitting at 9-12 SU versus those teams. The Warriors have lost 2 in a row to the Nuggets, including a 100-98 road loss earlier this season. Golden State is 6-10 ATS as a road favorite.
- Total Score: 117.42
- Field Goal Percentage: 48.60
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.50
- Free Throw Percentage: 82.45
- Total Rebounds: 46.19
- Total Score: 111.72
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.89
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.74
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.04
- Total Rebounds: 43.26
Why bet on the Denver Nuggets?
While we expected the Denver Nuggets to be good this season, I don’t think too many people had them pegged to be atop the Western Conference at the midway point of the season. That is exactly where they are, though, putting together a 29-13 record that includes some dominating performance on home court. It has been their own building that has become something of a fortress, with the Nuggets going 18-3 on home court this season.
Consistency has very much been the key for the Nuggets this season, a trend that they have carried over from opening day. They are 8-2 in their last 10 games, but perhaps more importantly, they have won each of their last 11 games in their own building. The Nuggets have only been the home dog twice this season, going 2-0 ATS in those games.
- Total Score: 110.43
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.51
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.13
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.95
- Total Rebounds: 47.07
- Total Score: 105.50
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.50
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.23
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.76
- Total Rebounds: 41.86
Warriors vs Nuggets NBA Betting Trends
- Golden State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Golden State is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Golden State’s last 6 games on the road
- Denver is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- Denver is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Denver’s last 6 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Warriors vs Nuggets
The meetings between these two teams tend to be of the very close variety, and I think we can expect more of the same here. The Warriors are hot right now, but I think they might be in trouble against a Denver team that is tough to beat at home.
Score: Golden State Warriors 112 – Denver Nuggets 114