When you talk about an 82-game season, you tend to think of no single win or loss being more or less important than another, but there are often games that come back to stick in the craw of the team that took it. The Golden State Warriors and the New Orleans Pelicans are poles apart in the standings, yet they both have losses that will give them pause when looking ahead at what’s left of the NBA betting season.
The Golden Warriors only have 14 losses all season, but it’s their latest that must be a little alarming. The Sunday night loss to the Spurs represented the 32nd straight time that the Warriors have lost to San Antonio in the regular season. Given how the Spurs are playing right now, there is a possibility that these two could end up locking horns in the playoffs, at which point that losing streak would have to become an issue. We are getting ahead of ourselves a little bit here though, and rather than focusing on the lone negative of the Golden State season, we should instead be looking at the positives. The biggest of those is that the Warriors are a stunning 35-2 at home this season, which makes the home court advantage that they will have throughout the layoffs the largest weapon in their fully stocked arsenal.
The one game that the Pelicans will be hoping means something is the recent win that they had over the Oklahoma City Thunder, which is the team they are chasing for the 8th and final playoff spot in the Western Conference. That win gave them the tie-breaker over the Thunder in the event of a tie, but there is still a lot of work to be done before that game becomes the deciding factor. The problem that the Pelicans have in their final 6 games is that they are going to have to face some of the best teams in the NBA, whereas OKC have what is generally considered to be a much smoother road to the end of the regular season. The Pelicans must be hoping that some of the teams they have to play decide to rest some of their better players before the playoffs begin.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 12th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 5th Edition
- Timberwolves vs Warriors NBA Odds & Expert Pick for Friday Night
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 29th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 22nd Edition
- 2018 NBA Western Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland
- Warriors at Rockets Game 5 NBA Odds & Betting Preview