Having finished 37-45 last season, outside the playoff bracket, the Miami Heat franchise has made significant roster improvements this offseason to bolster their NBA odds of winning titles and playing better in the upcoming 2015-16 NBA season.Most notably, with the drafting of versatile rookie Justine Winslow, the re-signing of Goran Dragić and Dwyane Wade, and the returning of Chris Bosh to full health, Miami fans will have a lot to smile about in 2015-16 campaign. In fact, if you add up all that to the acquisition of Gerald Green and Amar’e Stoudemire, the Heat have enough fire in them to become legitimate playoff contenders in the Eastern Conference. Nonetheless, with the rise of LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers, along with other Eastern Conference teams like Atlanta and Toronto, nothing is guaranteed about the season. But having assessed the offseason made by the Heat so far this offseason, here are key reasons why you should anticipate a better performance from Miami in the new season.
Miami’s main focus in offseason was to re-sign its starting shooting guard and point guard, and so far, both items have been checked in their to-do list. Importantly, the team retained the services of Goran Dragic, a solid PG who can also play as an SG, averaging 16.3 PPG, 4.5 APG and 3.5 RPG last season. Dragic can also play as a ball handler in rolls and picks and operate on the defense as a slasher, something that brings additional flexibility on both sides of the field.Miami’s backcourt also boasts of having Dwyane Wade, who has always been a positive influence and motivation to the team whenever he is on the court, mainly due to his leadership and championship pedigree. In addition, Wade’s work ethics, basketball ground rules and mentorship will support the growth of promising athletes such as James Ennis, Justice Winslow and Tyler Johnson, helping them to make quick transitions into formidable NBA talents
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Sixers Are Open to Offers for Simmons
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 4 Lines | Milwaukee Looks to Even NBA Finals
- NBA Rumors: Rockets set to trade John Wall?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Wizards May Trade Bradley Beal
- Bucks vs Suns Game 2: NBA Odds Overview | Suns Eye 2-0 Finals Lead
- NBA 2021 Draft Betting Predictions & Rumor Mill Update
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Will Giannis Be Ready for the Finals?
- NBA Rumors | Will Kawhi Leonard return to Clippers next season?
- Hawks vs Bucks: NBA Odds and Preview | Will Giannis or Trae Play Game 5?
- Phoenix Suns vs. LA Clippers NBA Game 6 Bet Line | Sun Tries Again for NBA Finals Spot
- Milwaukee vs. Atalanta Game 4 : NBA Odds to Win | What About Trae Young?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lillard Might Ask for A Trade, Pistons Won the NBA Draft Lottery
- Clippers vs Suns Game 5 Betting Predictions | Phoenix Can Earn Spot In NBA Finals
- Hawks vs Bucks Game 2 Odds & Prediction | Can Atlanta Pull Another Upset?