The Houston Baptist Huskies (1-7) will try to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Abilene Christian Wildcats (7-2) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at Sharp Gymnasium as heavy, 15.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is 148.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Houston Baptist (+15.5)||Under (148.5)||Abilene Christian 80 Houston Baptist 66|
- The Wildcats and their opponents have put up more than 148.5 points in 77.8% of their outings this year (seven of nine opportunities).
- In six of eight outings (75%) this year, Houston Baptist has combined with its opponents to score more than 148.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 142.9 points per game, 5.6 less points than the total of 148.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.0 fewer points per game (143.5) than this matchup’s total of 148.5 points.
- The average over/under the Wildcats have had set in games this season is 15.7 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Huskies games this year is 5.1 more points than the point total of 148.5 for this outing.
Abilene Christian Betting Information
- Against the spread, Abilene Christian has been strong this season, posting a 5-1 record.
- Abilene Christian and its opponents have converted the over just 2 times in 6 (33.3%) games this season.
Houston Baptist Betting Information
- Houston Baptist has a winning record against the spread, going 4-2 ATS (covering 66.7% of the time).
- In most of Houston Baptist’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (2 out of 6 games, 33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/19/2020||Abilene Christian||-10||162||-565||400||Regular Season||82-68 ABCHR|
|2/12/2020||Abilene Christian||-15.5||163.5||-1778||883||Regular Season||81-67 ABCHR|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-68 ABCHR|
Abilene Christian Leaders
- Coryon Mason leads the Wildcats in scoring, tallying 10.9 points per game to go with 1.8 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Joe Pleasant is the Wildcats leading rebounder, grabbing 5.0 per game, while Reggie Miller is their best passer, distributing 3.6 assists in each contest.
- Logan McLaughlin leads the Wildcats in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Miller is Abilene Christian’s leader in steals, averaging 2.6 steals per game, while Clay Gayman leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
Houston Baptist Leaders
- Pedro Castro averages 13.0 points and 7.2 rebounds per game for the Huskies, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- The Huskies’ leading assist machine is Hunter Janacek with a stat line of 2.1 assists, 6.8 points, and 2.7 rebounds per game.
- Za-Ontay Boothman makes 2.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Huskies.
- Castro leads the Huskies on defense with 1.1 steals and 1.0 block per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found