The Akron Zips (7-3) are 4.5-point favorites as they attempt to extend a five-game winning streak when they host the Ball State Cardinals (5-6) on Saturday, January 30, 2021 at James A. Rhodes Arena. The matchup airs at 2:00 PM ET on ESP3. The matchup’s point total is set at 145.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Akron (-4.5)||Over (145)||Akron 76 Ball State 70|
- In 70% of their games this year (seven of 10 chances), the Zips and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under of 145 points.
- In eight of 11 outings (72.7%) this season, Ball State has combined with its opponents to score more than 145 points.
- The two teams average a combined 8.2 more points per game (153.2) than this game’s over/under of 145 points.
- The Zips and the Cardinals have seen their opponents average a combined 2.4 less points per game than the point total of 145 set in this outing.
- The average over/under the Zips have had set in matchups this season is 4.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Cardinals games this season have averaged a total of 146.2 points, 1.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Akron Betting Information
- Akron has been good against the spread, going 5-3 this season.
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Zips have fared well against the spread, putting up a 3-2 record.
- Akron and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the over in 4 of 8 games this season (50%).
Ball State Betting Information
- Ball State has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 4-7 ATS.
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Cardinals have a record ATS of 2-1.
- The Cardinals and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 9 of 11 (81.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/10/2020||Akron||-4||137||-192||+155||Regular Season||75-60 AKRON|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||57-56 BALLST|
- The Zips leader in points and assists is Loren Cristian Jackson, who puts up 20.9 points per game along with 6.8 assists.
- Enrique Freeman is Akron’s best rebounder, hauling in an average of 9.5 boards in each contest while scoring 9.1 points per game.
- Bryan Trimble Jr.’s 3.3 made threes per game lead the Zips.
- Trimble is Akron’s leader in steals, averaging 1.0 steal per game, while Freeman leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
Ball State Leaders
- K.J. Walton racks up 16.1 points per game and is the top scorer for the Cardinals.
- The Ball State leaders in rebounding and assists are Miryne Thomas with 5.6 rebounds per game (he also adds 7.9 points and 1.3 assists per game) and Ishmael El-Amin with 3.5 assists per game (he also tacks on 15.3 points and 2.9 rebounds per game).
- El-Amin’s 2.1 made threes per game lead the Cardinals.
- The Cardinals’ leader in steals is El-Amin with 1.8 per game, and Blake Huggins is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Mercer Bears vs. Samford Bulldogs: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- North Texas Mean Green vs. UAB Blazers: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Colorado State Rams: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends