The Akron Zips (9-4) hit the road in MAC action against the Miami (OH) RedHawks (8-7) on Friday, February 12, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Zips are 4.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 142.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Miami (OH) (+4.5)||Over (142.5)||Akron 73 Miami (OH) 70|
- In eight of 13 outings (61.5%) this year, the Zips and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s point total of 142.5 points.
- In nine of 15 outings (60%) this season, Miami (OH) has combined with its opponents to score more than 142.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 7.7 more points per game (150.2) than this matchup’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 140.3 points per game, 2.2 less than the over/under for this game.
- The average total the Zips have had set in games this year is 4.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in RedHawks games this season is 0.9 more points than the point total of 142.5 for this outing.
Akron Betting Information
- Akron has been good against the spread this season, posting a 7-4 record.
- The Zips fare well when favored by at least 4.5 points, posting a 4-2 record against the spread.
- The Zips have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 5 of 11 contests this season, a rate of 45.5%
Miami (OH) Betting Information
- Miami (OH) has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 6-7-1 ATS.
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the RedHawks have a record ATS of 2-2.
- In most of Miami (OH)’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (8 out of 14 games, 57.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Akron||-13||141||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-65 AKRON|
|1/21/2020||Akron||-5||144.5||-221||+177||Regular Season||81-60 AKRON|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-58 AKRON|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-61 MIAOH|
- Loren Cristian Jackson leads the Zips in points and assists per game, scoring 21.3 points and distributing 6.6 assists.
- Akron’s best rebounder is Enrique Freeman, who averages 9.6 boards per game in addition to his 8.1 PPG average.
- The Zips get the most three-point shooting production out of Bryan Trimble Jr., who knocks down 3.4 threes per game.
- The Akron steals leader is Jackson, who averages 0.9 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Freeman, who compiles 1.5 rejections per contest.
Miami (OH) Leaders
- Dae Dae Grant sits at the top of the RedHawks scoring leaderboard with 13.7 points per game. He also pulls down 3.0 rebounds and racks up 2.4 assists per game.
- Miami (OH)’s leader in rebounds is Dalonte Brown with 6.6 per game, and its leader in assists is Mekhi Lairy with 3.5 per game.
- Grant makes 2.5 three-pointers per game, the most on the RedHawks.
- Grant (1.2 steals per game) is the steal leader for Miami (OH) while Precious Ayah (0.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED