The Akron Zips (10-4) are heavily favored (by 16.5 points) to extend a six-game home win streak when they host the Northern Illinois Huskies (2-8) on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 132.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Akron (-16.5)||Over (132)||Akron 80 Northern Illinois 60|
- In 78.6% of their games this year (11 of 14 chances), the Zips and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 132 points.
- Northern Illinois has played in six games this season (out of 10 total matchups — 60% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 132 points.
- These teams average a combined 138.9 points per game, 6.9 more points than the total of 132 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 13 more points per game (145) than this game’s over/under of 132 points.
- The Zips average point total in matchups this season is 147.9, 15.9 points higher than the total in this game.
- Huskies games this year have averaged an over/under of 136 points, four more than the point total in this matchup.
Akron Betting Information
- The Zips have been strong against the spread this season, earning an 8-4 record.
- The Zips have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (6 of 12 contests).
Northern Illinois Betting Information
- The Huskies have a losing record against the spread, going 1-9 ATS (covering only 10% of the time).
- When they are at least 16.5-point underdogs, the Huskies have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- In 5 out of Northern Illinois’ 10 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/12/2021||Akron||-8||134||-402||+303||Regular Season||67-65 NIU|
|1/14/2020||Akron||-3||136||-157||+128||Regular Season||72-49 AKRON|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-65 AKRON|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-56 NIU|
- Loren Cristian Jackson leads the Zips in points and assists per game, scoring 21.6 points and distributing 6.4 assists.
- Akron’s best rebounder is Enrique Freeman, who averages 9.4 boards per game in addition to his 8.1 PPG average.
- The Zips get the most three-point shooting production out of Bryan Trimble Jr., who knocks down 3.4 threes per game.
- Jackson is Akron’s leader in steals, averaging 0.9 steals per game, while Freeman leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
Northern Illinois Leaders
- Tyler Cochran sits atop the Huskies leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 13.7 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.
- Darius Beane dishes out 2.8 assists per game, the most assists on the Huskies.
- Trendon Hankerson paces his teammates on the Huskies with 2.1 made threes per game.
- Northern Illinois’ leader in steals is Cochran (1.8 per game), and its leader in blocks is Zool Kueth (0.7 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview