The Akron Zips (2-2) hit the road in MAC play against the Northern Illinois Huskies (1-6) on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM ET. The Zips are favored by 9 points in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 133 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Akron (-9)||Over (133)||Akron 76 Northern Illinois 63|
- The Zips and their opponents have scored at least 133 points — this matchup’s point total — in three of four games (75%) this year.
- Northern Illinois has played in three games this year (out of seven total matchups — 42.9% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 133 points.
- These teams average a combined 140.5 points per game, 7.5 more points than the over/under of 133 set for this matchup.
- The Zips and the Huskies have seen their opponents average a combined 14.6 more points per game than the over/under of 133 set in this outing.
- The average point total for Zips games this year is 18.8 more points than the total of 133 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Huskies this season is 3.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Akron Betting Information
- The Zips have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 0-2 record.
- Zips games have played to the total or above 1 times in 2 games this season.
Northern Illinois Betting Information
- The Huskies have a losing record against the spread, going 0-7 ATS (covering just zero% of the time).
- When they play as at least 9-point underdogs, the Huskies have a record ATS of 0-2.
- Northern Illinois and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 3 of 7 (42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/14/2020||Akron||-3||136||-157||+128||Regular Season||72-49 AKRON|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-65 AKRON|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-56 NIU|
- The leader in points and assists for the Zips is Loren Cristian Jackson, who scores 22.8 points and distributes 7.0 assists per game.
- Enrique Freeman is the Zips best rebounder, pulling down an average of 8.5 boards in each contest while scoring 9.5 points per game.
- Jackson makes more threes per game than any other member of the Zips, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 3.7 per game.
- The Akron steals leader is Jackson, who averages 0.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Freeman, who compiles 1.5 rejections per contest.
Northern Illinois Leaders
- Tyler Cochran averages 13.8 points and 7.4 rebounds per game for the Huskies, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Kaleb Thornton notches more assists than any other Northern Illinois player with 2.4 per game. He also scores 5.9 points and grabs 3.1 rebounds per game.
- Trendon Hankerson provides the most three-point shooting production for the Huskies. He makes 1.9 threes per game.
- Northern Illinois’ leader in steals is Cochran with 1.8 per game, and its leader in blocks is Zool Kueth with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found