The Akron Zips (5-3) will look to build on a three-game win streak when they visit the Western Michigan Broncos (2-6) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at University Arena (MI) as 7.5-point favorites. The game airs at 5:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 134.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Western Michigan (+7.5)||Over (134.5)||Akron 73 Western Michigan 68|
- In five of eight games (62.5%) this year, the Zips and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s point total of 134.5 points.
- Western Michigan has played in three games this season (out of eight total matchups — 37.5% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 134.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 7.6 more points per game (142.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 134.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.5 more points per game (140) than this game’s over/under of 134.5 points.
- The average point total for Zips games this season is 15.7 more points than the over/under of 134.5 in this matchup.
- The average total in Broncos games this season is 2.6 less points than the point total of 134.5 in this outing.
Akron Betting Information
- The Zips have gone 3-3 against the spread this season.
- The Zips have posted an even record of 1-1 against the spread when the spread is -7.5 or higher.
- Akron has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 2 times in 6 contests (33.3%).
Western Michigan Betting Information
- Western Michigan has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 3-4 ATS.
- In the majority of Western Michigan’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (3 out of 7 games, 42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/18/2020||Akron||-8||141||-386||+293||Regular Season||71-67 AKRON|
|1/7/2020||Akron||-11.5||139.5||-829||+536||Regular Season||84-69 AKRON|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||56-48 AKRON|
- Loren Cristian Jackson leads the Zips in points and assists per game, scoring 21.0 points and distributing 7.2 assists.
- Enrique Freeman leads the Zips in rebounding, grabbing 9.5 rebounds per game while also scoring 9.0 points a contest.
- Bryan Trimble Jr. leads the Zips in three-point shooting with an average of 3.3 made threes per game.
- Trimble and Freeman lead Akron on the defensive end, with Trimble leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Freeman in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
Western Michigan Leaders
- B. Artis White’s points (14.8 per game) and assists (2.9 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Broncos’ leaderboards.
- Western Michigan’s Greg Lee stats (7.4 rebounds per game, 9.7 points per game, 2.3 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Artis White makes more threes per game than any other member of the Broncos, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per game.
- Patrick Emilien is at the top of the Western Michigan steals and blocks leaderboards with 0.8 steals per game and 1.0 block per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview