The Auburn Tigers (6-5) are 5-point underdogs as they try to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Alabama Crimson Tide (8-3) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Auburn Arena. The game airs at 12:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The point total is 150.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alabama (-5)||Under (150.5)||Alabama 77 Auburn 70|
- The Crimson Tide and their opponents have totaled at least 150.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in five of 11 games (45.5%) this season.
- Auburn has played in four games this season (out of 11 total matchups — 36.4% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 150.5 points.
- The Crimson Tide and the Tigers combine to average 1.4 more points per game than the total of 150.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 8.9 less points per game (141.6) than this game’s total of 150.5 points.
- The Crimson Tide average point total in outings this season is 147.4, 3.1 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Tigers this year is 4.3 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Crimson Tide average 5.7 more points per game (77.5) than the Tigers allow (71.8).
- Alabama is 7-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71.8 points.
- Auburn is 2-2 overall and 0-3 against the spread in games when it allows more than 77.5 points.
- The Tigers put up just 4.6 more points per game (74.4) than the Crimson Tide give up (69.8).
- Auburn is 3-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it scores more than 69.8 points.
- Alabama has an ATS record of 0-2 and a 1-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 74.4 points.
- The Crimson Tide have scored a total of 85 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 7.7 per game), and the Tigers have out-scored opponents by 28 points on the season (2.6 more per game).
Alabama Betting Information
- The Crimson Tide have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 6-4 record.
- The Crimson Tide fare well when favored by at least 5 points, posting a 3-1 record against the spread.
- The Crimson Tide have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 4 of 10 games (40%).
Auburn Betting Information
- Auburn has a losing record against the spread, going 3-6-1 ATS (covering only 30.0% of the time).
- The Tigers have gone 2-2-1 against the spread when they are at least a 5-point underdog.
- Auburn and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 2 of 10 (20%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2020||Auburn||-7.5||159.5||-350||+268||Regular Season||95-91 AUBURN|
|1/15/2020||Auburn||-1||159||-118||-105||Regular Season||83-64 ALA|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-60 AUBURN|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-63 AUBURN|
- Jaden Shackelford leads the Crimson Tide in scoring, tallying 13.3 points per game to go with 4.5 rebounds and 1.6 assists.
- Herbert Jones is Alabama’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.4 per game, while Jahvon Quinerly is its best passer, averaging 3.4 assists in each contest.
- John Petty Jr. connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Crimson Tide, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.1 per game.
- Jordan Bruner is Alabama’s leader in steals and blocks, racking up 1.5 steals and 1.3 blocks per game.
- Justin Powell racks up 6.1 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game, placing him at the top of the Tigers’ rebound and assists leaderboards.
- Auburn’s Allen Flanigan averages 13.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game, making him the top scorer on the squad.
- Jamal Johnson paces his teammates on the Tigers with 2.4 made threes per contest.
- Auburn’s leader in steals is Jaylin Williams with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Babatunde Akingbola with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found