The SEC conference title and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket are on the line when the No. 1 seed Alabama Crimson Tide (23-6) and the No. 3 LSU Tigers (18-8) meet on Sunday at 1:00 PM ET, live on ESPN. Alabama is favored by 5.5 points for this pivotal matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In nine of 29 opportunities (31%) this year, the Crimson Tide and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 158 points.
- LSU has played in 13 games this season (out of 26 total matchups — 50% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 158 points.
- These two teams average a combined 161.8 points per game, 3.8 more points than the total of 158 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 13.4 less points per game (144.6) than this game’s total of 158 points.
- The Crimson Tide average point total in outings this year is 149, nine points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Tigers this year is 0.6 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Crimson Tide record 79.6 points per contest, just 4.4 more points than the 75.2 the Tigers allow their opponents.
- When Alabama totals more than 75.2 points, it is 12-0-1 against the spread and 18-0 overall.
- LSU is 7-6 overall and 3-10 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 79.6 points.
- The Tigers put up an average of 82.2 points per game, 12.8 more points than the 69.4 the Crimson Tide give up to opponents.
- LSU is 18-6 overall and 13-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 69.4 points.
- Alabama has a 1-0 record overall and an ATS record of 0-0-1 in games when its opponents put up more than 82.2 points.
- The Crimson Tide have totaled 293 more points than their opponents this season (10.2 per game on average), and the Tigers have scored 184 more points than their opponents (seven per game).
Alabama Betting Information
- The Crimson Tide have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 16-11-1 record.
- The Crimson Tide fare well when favored by at least 5.5 points, posting a 9-5 record against the spread.
- The Crimson Tide have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 13 of 28 games (46.4%).
LSU Betting Information
- LSU’s record against the spread is 13-13.
- When they play as at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Tigers have a record ATS of 4-5.
- LSU and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 16 of 26 (61.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/3/2021||Alabama||-8.5||164||-423||+325||Regular Season||78-60 ALA|
|1/19/2021||Alabama||-1.5||164.5||-122||+101||Regular Season||105-75 ALA|
|2/15/2020||Alabama||-2.5||167||-145||+118||Regular Season||88-82 ALA|
|1/29/2020||LSU||-5||165.5||-218||+173||Regular Season||90-76 LSU|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-69 LSU|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-79 LSU|
- The Crimson Tide leader in rebounds and assist is Herbert Jones, who pulls down 6.4 rebounds and gives out 3.3 assists per game along with scoring 11.2 points per contest.
- Jaden Shackelford leads Alabama in scoring, averaging 14.0 per game to go with 3.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- John Petty Jr. contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Crimson Tide. He makes 2.5 threes per game.
- The Alabama steals leader is Jones, who averages 1.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jordan Bruner, who compiles 1.0 block per contest.
- Cameron Thomas averages 22.8 points per game to be the top scorer for the Tigers.
- The Tigers’ leader in rebounds is Darius Days with 7.7 per contest, and their leader in assists is Ja’vonte Smart with 4.0 per game.
- Smart is dependable from three-point range and leads the Tigers with 2.5 made threes per game.
- LSU’s leader in steals is Smart with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Josh LeBlanc with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED