The No. 18 Alabama Crimson Tide (12-3) are heavily favored (-10.5) to build on an eight-game win streak when they host the Mississippi State Bulldogs (9-6) at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Coleman Coliseum. The game airs on SECN. The matchup’s over/under is set at 149.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alabama (-10.5)||Under (149)||Alabama 81 Mississippi State 64|
- In 60% of their opportunities this season (nine of 15 chances), the Crimson Tide and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s over/under of 149 points.
- In five of 15 opportunities (33.3%) this year, Mississippi State has combined with its opponents to score at least 149 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.5 more points per game (153.5) than this matchup’s total of 149 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 136.6 points per game, 12.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total for Crimson Tide games this season is 3.3 more points than the over/under of 149 in this matchup.
- The average total in Bulldogs games this year is 11.2 less points than the point total of 149 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 81.8 points per game the Crimson Tide score are 15.7 more points than the Bulldogs give up (66.1).
- When Alabama totals more than 66.1 points, it is 9-0-1 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- Mississippi State is 0-2 overall and 0-2 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 81.8 points.
- The Bulldogs’ 71.7 points per game are only 1.2 more points than the 70.5 the Crimson Tide allow to opponents.
- Mississippi State has put together a 5-0 ATS record and a 7-3 overall record in games it scores more than 70.5 points.
- Alabama is 2-3-1 against the spread and 4-2 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 71.7 points.
- The Crimson Tide have totaled 170 more points than their opponents this season (11.3 per game on average), and the Bulldogs have scored 83 more points than their opponents (5.6 per game).
Alabama Betting Information
- Alabama has been good against the spread this season, posting a 9-4-1 record.
- The Crimson Tide fare well when favored by at least 10.5 points, posting a 3-0 record against the spread.
- Alabama and its opponents have hit the over 7 times in 14 contests this season.
Mississippi State Betting Information
- Mississippi State has a losing record against the spread, going 6-8 ATS (covering just 42.9% of the time).
- When they play as at least 10.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have a record ATS of 2-1.
- In most of Bulldogs games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (8 out of 14 games, 57.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/25/2020||Mississippi State||-5||158||-218||+174||Regular Season||80-73 MSSTATE|
|1/8/2020||Alabama||-3||153.5||-157||+129||Regular Season||90-69 ALA|
|2/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-62 MSSTATE|
|1/29/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-79 ALA|
- John Petty Jr. leads the Crimson Tide in scoring, tallying 14.3 points per game to go with 5.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Herbert Jones leads Alabama in rebounding, averaging 5.7 per game, while Jahvon Quinerly leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.3 in each contest.
- The Crimson Tide get the most three-point shooting production out of Petty, who knocks down 2.8 threes per game.
- Jordan Bruner is a standout on the defensive end for the Crimson Tide, leading the team in steals with 1.5 per game and blocks with 1.2 per contest.
Mississippi State Leaders
- D.J. Stewart is at the top of the Bulldogs scoring leaderboard with 17.4 points per game. He also collects 3.7 rebounds and dishes out 2.5 assists per game.
- Mississippi State’s leader in rebounds is Tolu Smith with 8.7 per game, and its leader in assists is Iverson Molinar with 3.3 per game.
- Stewart’s 1.6 made threes per game lead the Bulldogs.
- Molinar (1.3 steals per game) and Abdul Ado (1.9 blocks per game) lead the Bulldogs in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED